USDA issues draft environmental assessment for GMO apple
11/08/2013 8:48:54 AMThe U.S. Department of Agriculture has released its draft environmental assessment for an apple genetically... Read more.
Sweeter grapefruit, fewer navels, smaller tangerines hit market
11/07/2013 5:41:28 PMVERO BEACH, Fla. — This year’s Florida citrus season is bringing sweeter grapefruit, smaller volumes... Read more.
Bayer entering fruits and vegetables arena
11/07/2013 5:19:04 AMBayer CropScience is expanding into produce. The Research Triangle, N.C.-based company has created a business unit... Read more.
Project looks to predict strawberry shelf life, reduce waste
11/06/2013 3:33:02 PMMost retailers use a first-in, first-out system to rotate produce put out on display. But over the... Read more.
Apple and pear producers face problems with no antibiotics
11/06/2013 3:24:18 PMOrganic apple and pear growers remain concerned about progress that’s being made on treatments to... Read more.
Texas pecan growers harvest lighter, but high quality, crop
11/05/2013 2:25:24 PMUnlike Georgia, where wet weather decreased pecan quality, Texas growers report good quality from the... Read more.
- Del Monte testing genetically modified pineapple
- Vine-ripe Tasti-Lee tomato creates a buzz among consumers
- UPDATED: Jensens face federal criminal charges in cantaloupe case
- Branded tomato variety earns a following
- Organic fertilizer fraud nets 364-day prison term, plus fine
- Honeybee groups sue EPA over insecticide registration
- Genetically engineered tomato helps fight bad cholesterol
- Most California produce tested had no detectable pesticide
- Bayer tests new seed treatments to protect honeybees
- Florida battles Mexican strawberries
- Washington university remains neutral on GMO labeling measure
- Monsanto pledges $4 million toward honeybee health efforts