GMO labeling initiative qualifies for Colorado's November ballot
08/20/2014 5:54:33 PMVoters in Colorado will be asked in November whether they want foods that contain genetically modified... Read more.
Sun rises on new Web domain as organic sector grows
08/21/2014 9:16:20 AMResearch released this summer by Consumer Reports shows 45% of U.S. residents buy organic foods at... Watch Video.
California melon quality high, but markets sluggish
08/19/2014 5:54:04 PMMelon growers in California report outstanding quality but surprisingly tepid demand for some varieties. Turlock Fruit... Watch Video.
Researchers: California surface water over-allocated by fivefold
08/19/2014 10:49:18 AMCalifornia's water-rights regulators have allowed five times more surface water than the state actually has,... Read more.
UPDATED: Gladstone Land plans to buy 1,200 more acres
08/18/2014 12:17:26 PMMcLean, Va.-based Gladstone Land Corp. has agreed to purchase five farms totaling 1,226 acres of irrigated... Read more.
- Consumer acceptance of biotech produce growing
- CORRECTED: Potato industry prepares for GMO offering
- Vine-ripe Tasti-Lee tomato creates a buzz among consumers
- Most California produce in 2013 had little, no pesticide residue
- Fresno Food Expo marks new date, opens registration
- Johnny's Seeds offers Kalettes seed