Water shortage dampens some California growers’ prospects
08/14/2014 12:44:05 PMCalifornia avocado growers produced a crop of about 315 million pounds, even though water is becoming... Read more.
Flavor takes center stage at Sakata
08/14/2014 9:19:22 AMWOODLAND, Calif. — Talk to most of the product managers and breeders of Sakata Seed America... Watch Video.
Industry forms the Yuma Center of Excellence for Desert Ag
08/14/2014 8:20:38 AMAgriculture industry leaders have joined together to create the Yuma Center of Excellence for Desert... Read more.
UPDATED: Water deal struck in California
08/14/2014 8:16:27 AM(UPDATED COVERAGE 6:12 p.m.) The California state legislature has passed a revised $7.5 billion bond... Read more.
EPA restricts use of methomyl insecticide
08/11/2014 2:18:53 PMRegistrants of the insecticide methomyl and the Environmental Protection Agency have agreed to mitigation measures... Read more.
Researchers tap dwarfing rootstocks for 'ladderless' orchard
08/11/2014 9:54:24 AMLadders could be a thing of the past for peach and nectarine harvest crews based on a new test orchard... Read more.
- UPDATED: California governor signs groundwater management bills
- Florida citrus growers get USDA assistance
- Pesky bagrada bugs expand northward in California
- Vance Agribusiness names 40 Under 40 honorees
- Environmentally friendly biofumigants fight soil pests but pose rotation challenges
- EPA registers Nimitz nematicide
- Consumer acceptance of biotech produce growing
- CORRECTED: Potato industry prepares for GMO offering
- UC study pegs California ag drought costs at $2.2 billion
- University of Arkansas releases thornless primocane blackberry
- Vine-ripe Tasti-Lee tomato creates a buzz among consumers
- Most California produce in 2013 had little, no pesticide residue