New drought bill from California congressmen
12/04/2014 1:30:42 PMClose on the heels of Sen. Dianne Feinstein’s decision to suspend negotiations on California drought... Read more.
UF researchers find friendly fungi that controls avocado pest
12/03/2014 11:22:44 AMUniversity of Florida researchers may have found the first biological control for the beetle that... Read more.
California water, weather forecasts brighten – for now
12/02/2014 5:57:12 PMAn improving outlook for rain and snow in California has prompted an increase in the state water project’s... Read more.
River Point breaks ground on new facility
12/01/2014 2:15:21 PMRiver Point Farms is building a new onion packaging facility. Hermiston, Ore.-based River Point broke ground... Read more.
New melon disease turns up in seed-production fields
11/27/2014 8:00:36 AMAlthough cucumber green mottle mosaic virus was originally described in 1935, it was first confirmed... Read more.
UC adviser seeks darker red, purple sweet potatoes
11/27/2014 1:35:00 AMThe redder the better, and that goes for sweet potatoes. Scott Stoddard, a University of California... Read more.
Senator drops California drought legislation — for now
11/26/2014 1:34:53 PMSen. Dianne Feinstein’s decision to pull the plug temporarily on crafting a compromise for California... Read more.
- USDA seeks to knock down trade barriers, create consistent rules
- Farmers Mutual Hail to acquire John Deere Insurance
- Central Valley citrus growers dodge a freeze but expect more
- Stinky invading insect bugs Pacific Northwest growers
- UF taps citizen scientists to help collect bee data
- FFVA fills newly created food safety and sustainability position