Kiwifruit grade requirements relaxed
03/06/2014 7:49:06 PMUnder a new U.S. Department of Agriculture rule, more misshapen kiwifruit may be shipped with normally... Read more.
Researchers probe Hass avocado flavor components
03/06/2014 9:12:11 AMHass avocados, the most widely grown variety in the United States, is known for its buttery texture... Read more.
Norway’s Tomra eyes U.S. lettuce processors
03/05/2014 9:36:54 PMNorway-based Tomra Sorting Solutions is targeting U.S. lettuce growers and processors with technology featuring laser... Watch Video.
Report looks at fire blight control in organic apples, pears
03/03/2014 6:45:46 PMAt the end of the 2014 season, organic pome fruit growers will have to begin phasing out use of antibiotics... Read more.
UPDATED: Paramount Citrus to boost Halos packing capacity 75%
03/07/2014 7:59:47 AM(UPDATED COVERAGE March 6) Paramount Citrus plans to increase capacity 75% at its Delano, Calif.,... Watch Video.
EPA registers biological insecticide from Marrone Bio
03/03/2014 2:43:53 PMThe Environmental Protection Agency has registered Venerate, a biological insecticide from Davis, Calif.-based Marrone Bio... Read more.
- Broccoli offers winter production opportunities for Florida
- New farm bill increases investments in specialty crops
- Vermont appears on verge of passing GMO labeling law
- Vine-ripe Tasti-Lee tomato creates a buzz among consumers
- Cold snap delays South Carolina watermelons
- Bayer opens new North Carolina bee care center
- Genetically modified orange trees set for Florida field trials
- New California marketing program targets culinary tourists
- Monsanto introduces new green bean variety
- GMO labeling bill draws industry notice
- UPDATED: Federal GMO labeling bill draws ag support
- WEB EXTRA: Program helps identify Florida-grown produce