Gerawan contends it is a preferred employer and lists average hourly wages on its website ranging from a base field labor rate of $10 per hour to an average of $15.35 per hour for workers who pack grapes and are paid by the piece. Statistics from surveys by the California Grape and Tree Fruit League and Fresno County show an average hourly rate of $8.69 and $9.05 per hour for such jobs, respectively, according to Gerawan’s website.
Two workers pursue class action against Gerawan Farming
02/06/2014 04:54:00 PM
- Tomato veteran Ed Beckman tapped as COO of Live Oak Farms
- Michigan State launches search engine for tree fruit pests
- Adama introduces low-VOC pesticide umbrella brand
- CMI introduces Honeycrisp pouches
- Purchase boosts Mack Farms potato, watermelon acreage
- Southern Corporate Packers increases acreage, adds products
- Platform Specialty Products to acquire Arysta for $3.5 billion
- Is the world ready for a GMO tomato?
- Wish Farms plans to double blueberry volume
- PMA calls for action needed to stem obesity trends
- Environmentally friendly biofumigants fight soil pests but pose rotation challenges
- USDA releases five HLB-tolerant citrus rootstocks