Study: Homeowners' insecticide use affects bumblebees
09/12/2013 2:09:36 PMAlthough bee advocates have focused on farmers and their use of insecticides, homeowner use of chemicals... Read more.
Spotted wing fly pest confirmed in Missouri
09/11/2013 11:10:06 AMThe spotted wing drosophila, a fly pest of fruit, has been confirmed in Missouri, making it "the summer's... Read more.
Arkansas looks at winter strawberry production under tunnels
08/27/2013 1:12:37 PMLocally grown strawberries during the Mid-South winter may become a reality, thanks to research being... Read more.
Bill would restrict neonicotinoids to allow EPA review
08/22/2013 2:36:49 PMReps. John Conyers, D-Mich., and Earl Blumenauer, D-Ore., have introduced a bill in Congress that... Read more.
Produce social media opportunities unique, significant
08/22/2013 10:17:13 AMCHICAGO — It won’t surprise many people to learn that the majority of Americans have smart... Read more.
EPA issues new label rules for neonicotinoids to protect bees
08/21/2013 4:10:41 PMThe Environmental Protection Agency will require new labels and accompanying restrictions on neonicotinoid insecticides that... Read more.
- Genetically engineered tomato helps fight bad cholesterol
- Most California produce tested had no detectable pesticide
- Bayer tests new seed treatments to protect honeybees
- Florida battles Mexican strawberries
- Washington university remains neutral on GMO labeling measure
- Monsanto pledges $4 million toward honeybee health efforts