Nunhems plans to launch dual-use watermelon
02/17/2014 10:46:34 AMBoise, Idaho-based Nunhems plans to introduce a new pollenizer watermelon variety that also has attractive... Read more.
California strawberry growers deal with drought
02/13/2014 11:18:26 AMLack of water may well be an increasing problem for Southern California strawberry grower-shippers in... Read more.
Two workers pursue class action against Gerawan Farming
02/17/2014 12:15:34 PMOwners of Gerawan Farming Inc. say claims in a federal lawsuit that the family owned grower-shipper... Read more.
Texas enacts third citrus greening quarantine
02/06/2014 8:32:40 AMThe Texas Department of Agriculture has established its third citrus greening quarantine in Hidalgo County... Read more.
Study finds four common pesticides toxic to honeybee young
01/27/2014 1:19:58 PMFour common pesticides used on crops and livestock also kill honeybee larvae within the hive, according... Read more.
Microgreens pack a big nutritional punch, say researchers
01/23/2014 10:16:06 AMMicrogreens—plants with only two true leaves—pack a nutritional punch, according to a recent U.S. Department... Read more.
To succeed, match farmers market offerings to the clientele
01/22/2014 12:00:25 PMTo succeed in the increasingly crowded farmers market scene, you need products that stand out and... Read more.
Scientists sequence hot pepper genome, creating genetic roadmap
01/21/2014 2:34:23 PMAn international group of scientists, including those from the University of California, Davis, and Korea,... Read more.
- UPDATED: Wawona stone fruit recall spurred by Australian tests
- Empire State revitalizing Pride of New York program
- Walmart funds second round of strawberry sustainability grants
- UPDATED: U.S. potato shipments resume in Mexico
- Vidalia onion growers say new disease hasn’t hurt crop
- Georgia watermelon growers enjoy good season
- Study suggests organic foods nutritionally superior
- Texas A&M publishes strawberry production guide
- Washington's 23 commissions promote apples to turf grass seed
- Study finds consumers confused about local, organic foods
- UC study pegs California ag drought costs at $2.2 billion
- Netafim to unveil portable drip system