Lettuce experiment shows potential for organic food wash
12/18/2013 1:20:08 PMRecent research on a citric acid-based food wash developed nine years ago for a California olive and... Read more.
UPDATED: Dulcinea Farms sold to Pacific Trellis
12/17/2013 2:39:08 PM(UPDATED COVERAGE Dec. 19) Pacific Trellis Fruit LLC is acquiring Ladera Ranch, Calif.-based Dulcinea Farms... Read more.
Smartphone app helps determine dollar value of manure
12/16/2013 1:08:37 PMWhat's that manure worth? There's an app for that. Actually, the smartphone app from the University... Read more.
Southern drought takes toll on this year's pecan crop
12/16/2013 12:44:11 PMBe prepared for sticker shock if you traditionally buy or bake pecan pies for the holidays. One Maryland... Read more.
Nufarm introduces new copper formulation
12/12/2013 3:58:45 PMChicago-based Nufarm has introduced ChampION, a copper fungicide/bactericide for use on several specialty crops. Among the... Read more.
Florida scientist helps map DNA of new citrus greening strain
12/12/2013 2:00:35 PMA University of Florida bacteriologist has led a group that mapped the genome of a new strain of citrus... Read more.
- Genetically modified orange trees set for Florida field trials
- New California marketing program targets culinary tourists
- Monsanto introduces new green bean variety
- GMO labeling bill draws industry notice
- UPDATED: Federal GMO labeling bill draws ag support
- WEB EXTRA: Program helps identify Florida-grown produce