Tomato supplies adequate despite water woes
05/23/2014 10:37:02 AMWater has been in short supply throughout the California and Baja California growing areas this season;... Read more.
USDA to offer crop insurance to specialty crop, organic producers
05/21/2014 12:21:49 PMThe U.S. Department of Agriculture will begin a pilot crop insurance program for organic and specialty... Read more.
Survey: Honeybee colonies fared better this winter
05/15/2014 10:14:01 AMHoneybee deaths decreased about 7 percent during the 2013-14 winter from the previous winter, according... Read more.
EPA extends comment period on changes to worker protection rule
05/14/2014 3:49:50 PMThe Environmental Protection Agency has extended the comment period to Aug. 18 on a proposal to strengthen... Read more.
Black Gold grows potatoes all over
05/14/2014 11:23:34 AMBlack Gold Farms has begun its 2014 red potato harvest, which boasts locally grown spuds beginning... Read more.
HLB multi-agency group puts $1.5 million toward biocontrol
05/08/2014 5:05:36 PMThe U.S. Department of Agriculture's Huanglongbing Multi-Agency Coordination Group has allocated more than $1.5 million... Watch Video.
- Consumer acceptance of biotech produce growing
- CORRECTED: Potato industry prepares for GMO offering
- WEB EXTRA: Program helps identify Florida-grown produce
- UC study pegs California ag drought costs at $2.2 billion
- University of Arkansas releases thornless primocane blackberry
- Most California produce in 2013 had little, no pesticide residue