Drought continues to plague New Mexico onion growers
05/28/2014 5:19:05 PMDrought conditions, ranging from moderate to severe, continued to dominate New Mexico’s landscape and heightened... Read more.
Labor a concern as New Mexico onion deal approaches
05/28/2014 5:19:29 PMNew Mexico onion growers have wrestled with labor issues for years; a handful of growers even tried... Read more.
Project seeks to improve farmers market food safety
05/28/2014 12:23:50 PMResearchers hope to enlist smartphones, tablets and the Web to help farmers market vendors and managers... Read more.
Study finds consumers confused about local, organic foods
05/28/2014 9:55:34 AMWhen it comes to the differences between local and organic foods, near one-fifth of consumers involved... Read more.
Tomato supplies adequate despite water woes
05/23/2014 10:37:02 AMWater has been in short supply throughout the California and Baja California growing areas this season;... Read more.
USDA to offer crop insurance to specialty crop, organic producers
05/21/2014 12:21:49 PMThe U.S. Department of Agriculture will begin a pilot crop insurance program for organic and specialty... Read more.
- Potato industry prepares for GMO offering
- Monsanto introduces tomato hybrid for the Southeast
- Environmentally friendly biofumigants fight soil pests but pose rotation challenges
- U.S. Potato Board focuses on growth
- Scientists study habits of a disease-carrying beetle of walnuts
- Pomegranates appear to be easy-to-grow citrus alternative