Shipping tomatoes in corrugated cheaper, study suggests
10/23/2013 4:31:00 PMShipping tomatoes in corrugated boxes can be significantly cheaper than shipping them in reusable plastic... Read more.
Monsanto's Seminis introduces three seedless watermelons
10/21/2013 7:24:32 PMMonsanto's Seminis vegetable seed division has introduced three seedless watermelon varieties that have classic watermelon... Read more.
Ohio State University scientists clone tomato fruit size gene
10/17/2013 7:58:25 PMOhio State University researchers have led an international team that identified and cloned a gene... Read more.
Agritourism operators should review their safety plans
10/16/2013 11:30:43 AMFall marks high consumer interest in agritourism from hayrides and corn mazes to pumpkin patches and... Read more.
H-2A delays endanger desert labor supplies
10/16/2013 10:50:55 AMThe federal government shutdown will contribute to November labor shortages in the vegetable fields of... Read more.
- Citrus growers endure another cold night, prepare for more
- Avocado pest, disease continue to spread in Southern California
- Potato marketers promote nutrition
- California OKs herbicide for use on permanent crops
- Arizona project explores hydroponic strawberry production
- Survey finds food safety ranks as a top concern among Floridians
- Genetically engineered tomato helps fight bad cholesterol
- Most California produce tested had no detectable pesticide
- Bayer tests new seed treatments to protect honeybees
- Florida battles Mexican strawberries
- Del Monte testing genetically modified pineapple
- Glyphosate-resistant weeds also may be disease resistant