USDA announces block grant allocations
04/28/2014 5:45:25 PMCalifornia will again receive the biggest share of funds from the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s... Read more.
UPDATED: Martori perfects its hot wash system for cantaloupes
04/25/2014 5:47:13 PMMartori Farms has finalized a three-year process of switching to a method of cleaning its cantaloupes... Read more.
Researchers ask: How damaging is spotted wing fly to organics?
04/25/2014 2:00:59 PMResearchers who are part of a multi-state effort to fight the spotted wing drosophila need help from... Read more.
UPDATED: Watermelon bin bids for nationwide adoption
04/22/2014 12:58:47 PM(UPDATED COVERAGE April 24) The National Watermelon Association is urging retailers, shippers and paper companies... Read more.
Sakata Seed, Alf Christianson Seed merge
04/17/2014 12:27:58 PMThe Alf Christianson Seed Co. and Sakata Seed America Inc. will merge, effective immediately, and... Read more.
Agreement keeps use of new seed varieties unrestricted
04/17/2014 10:51:56 AMMuch like open-source software, which is free to whoever wants to use it, a new open-source seed initiative... Read more.
UPDATED: Fruit, vegetable prices on the rise with drought
04/16/2014 12:17:16 PM(UPDATED April 21) Forecasting the effect of the California drought on fresh produce prices may be... Watch Video.
- Florida Small Farms Conference honors three innovators
- CORRECTED: Suck those bugs right out of the soil
- Fresno Food Expo offers fresh opportunities
- Fungicide-resistant late blight found in Wisconsin spud field
- Midsummer move pays off for Fresno Food Expo
- Sager Creek Vegetable Co. name reflects new ownership
- Study suggests organic foods nutritionally superior
- Washington's 23 commissions promote apples to turf grass seed
- Food bloggers tour California strawberries
- End nears for potato man Chris Voigt's all-spud diet
- UC study pegs California ag drought costs at $2.2 billion
- Washington potato director denies wrongdoing in political race