Labor a concern as New Mexico onion deal approaches
05/28/2014 5:19:29 PMNew Mexico onion growers have wrestled with labor issues for years; a handful of growers even tried... Read more.
Project seeks to improve farmers market food safety
05/28/2014 12:23:50 PMResearchers hope to enlist smartphones, tablets and the Web to help farmers market vendors and managers... Read more.
Study finds consumers confused about local, organic foods
05/28/2014 9:55:34 AMWhen it comes to the differences between local and organic foods, near one-fifth of consumers involved... Read more.
Southwest states OK fungicide
05/28/2014 9:16:11 AMCalifornia and Arizona have registered Koverall Fungicide from Research Triangle Park, N.C.-based Cheminova for use... Read more.
USDA to offer crop insurance to specialty crop, organic producers
05/21/2014 12:21:49 PMThe U.S. Department of Agriculture will begin a pilot crop insurance program for organic and specialty... Read more.
Survey: Honeybee colonies fared better this winter
05/15/2014 10:14:01 AMHoneybee deaths decreased about 7 percent during the 2013-14 winter from the previous winter, according... Read more.
- UPDATED: Wawona stone fruit recall spurred by Australian tests
- Empire State revitalizing Pride of New York program
- Food bloggers tour California strawberries
- Vidalia onion growers say new disease hasn’t hurt crop
- Walmart funds second round of strawberry sustainability grants
- UPDATED: U.S. potato shipments resume in Mexico
- Study suggests organic foods nutritionally superior
- Washington's 23 commissions promote apples to turf grass seed
- Texas A&M publishes strawberry production guide
- End nears for potato man Chris Voigt's all-spud diet
- UC study pegs California ag drought costs at $2.2 billion
- Lab offers new plant nutrient analysis service