Scientists sequence hot pepper genome, creating genetic roadmap
01/21/2014 2:34:23 PMAn international group of scientists, including those from the University of California, Davis, and Korea,... Read more.
Study finds common plant virus may infect honeybees
01/21/2014 9:49:03 AMA virus that typically infects plants has been found in honeybees, possibly helping to explain the... Read more.
Texas A&M conference to examine link between produce, health
01/20/2014 11:59:10 AMTexas A&M University will host a day-long conference, Feb. 25, in College Station to look at the... Read more.
Sustainability gains momentum in produce industry
01/17/2014 11:08:49 AMApproaches vary from company to company, but, as a whole, the produce industry seems united in its... Read more.
Rivals on the field, pistachio supporters off the field
01/15/2014 6:17:30 PMThe Denver Broncos and the New England Patriots will be rivals on the field this Sunday during the... Read more.
UPDATED: Federal budget deal includes citrus greening funding
01/15/2014 7:43:37 AM(UPDATED COVERAGE 2:30 p.m.) An additional $20 million in funding to combat citrus greening disease... Read more.
California losses spur demand for import mandarins
01/13/2014 2:06:22 PMDemand for Spanish and Moroccan mandarins is strong as California deals with the effects of devastating... Read more.
- UPDATED: Wawona stone fruit recall spurred by Australian tests
- Fungicide-resistant late blight found in Wisconsin spud field
- Food bloggers tour California strawberries
- Empire State revitalizing Pride of New York program
- Vidalia onion growers say new disease hasn’t hurt crop
- New spud variety suited to Florida, fries up less oily
- Study suggests organic foods nutritionally superior
- Washington's 23 commissions promote apples to turf grass seed
- Texas A&M publishes strawberry production guide
- End nears for potato man Chris Voigt's all-spud diet
- Washington potato director denies wrongdoing in political race
- UC study pegs California ag drought costs at $2.2 billion