Arkansas tomato growers contend with cool, wet spring
05/07/2014 10:42:25 AMCool and wet conditions could affect the size and volumes of Arkansas tomatoes, which should begin... Read more.
Smartphone app helps diagnose pests remotely
05/06/2014 11:12:44 AMA smartphone application developed by Purdue University could help growers nationwide to submit pest samples... Read more.
Strong strawberry crop buoys South Carolina fruit growers
05/02/2014 5:40:00 AMAlthough an April cold snap may have cut into the South Carolina peach crop, strawberries appear to... Read more.
Researchers ask: How damaging is spotted wing fly to organics?
04/25/2014 2:01:00 PMResearchers who are part of a multi-state effort to fight the spotted wing drosophila need help from... Read more.
Florida shipping peaches, Georgia to see later season start
04/25/2014 10:16:35 AMDUNDEE, Fla. — Florida’s peach harvest could run into late May, which might help with... Watch Video.
UPDATED: Watermelon bin bids for nationwide adoption
04/22/2014 12:58:47 PM(UPDATED COVERAGE April 24) The National Watermelon Association is urging retailers, shippers and paper companies... Read more.
- Potato industry prepares for GMO offering
- Pomegranates appear to be easy-to-grow citrus alternative
- U.S. Potato Board focuses on growth
- Environmentally friendly biofumigants fight soil pests but pose rotation challenges
- California registers biological insecticide
- High tunnels can extend season and improve yields, quality