LSU honors sweet potato breeder
12/17/2013 9:28:20 AMDon LaBonte, a sweet potato breeder at Louisiana State University's AgCenter, recently was recognized with... Read more.
Smartphone app helps determine dollar value of manure
12/16/2013 1:08:37 PMWhat's that manure worth? There's an app for that. Actually, the smartphone app from the University... Read more.
Southern drought takes toll on this year's pecan crop
12/16/2013 12:44:12 PMBe prepared for sticker shock if you traditionally buy or bake pecan pies for the holidays. One Maryland... Read more.
Nufarm introduces new copper formulation
12/12/2013 3:58:45 PMChicago-based Nufarm has introduced ChampION, a copper fungicide/bactericide for use on several specialty crops. Among the... Read more.
'Perfect storm' needed for Salmonella tomato infection
12/11/2013 8:02:16 AMSalmonella doesn't readily infect tomatoes. But when weather combines with a susceptible variety, it creates... Read more.
UPDATED: Honeybee groups sue EPA over insecticide registration
12/10/2013 4:03:24 PMBeekeeping groups have filed a challenge against the Environmental Protection Agency over its approval... Read more.
N.C. extension service gathers input on its future
12/10/2013 3:38:28 PMThe North Carolina Cooperative Extension Service is wrapping up a series of listening sessions to... Read more.
'Scary dancers' may help control birds in fruit crops
12/05/2013 4:32:53 PMThose large, inflatable dancing creatures commonly seen at car dealerships may have a place in agriculture... Read more.
- New farm bill increases investments in specialty crops
- Broccoli offers winter production opportunities for Florida
- Salinas Valley back in the black; prices, demand up
- Bayer opens new North Carolina bee care center
- Vine-ripe Tasti-Lee tomato creates a buzz among consumers
- Cold snap delays South Carolina watermelons
- Genetically modified orange trees set for Florida field trials
- New California marketing program targets culinary tourists
- Monsanto introduces new green bean variety
- GMO labeling bill draws industry notice
- UPDATED: Federal GMO labeling bill draws ag support
- WEB EXTRA: Program helps identify Florida-grown produce