Georgia peaches starting late
05/21/2014 12:37:25 PMFORT VALLEY, Ga. — Georgia’s peaches are running late and volume is considerably lower than... Watch Video.
University of Georgia lab tests Vidalia onions for sweetness
05/19/2014 1:57:17 PMUniversity of Georgia's Crop Quality Lab technicians have a job that brings tears to their eyes—they... Read more.
2013 organic sales continued at a brisk pace
05/15/2014 10:41:09 AMAlthough organics still remain a small portion of overall food sales, they grew by 12 percent in 2013,... Read more.
Survey: Honeybee colonies fared better this winter
05/15/2014 10:14:02 AMHoneybee deaths decreased about 7 percent during the 2013-14 winter from the previous winter, according... Read more.
EPA extends comment period on changes to worker protection rule
05/14/2014 3:49:50 PMThe Environmental Protection Agency has extended the comment period to Aug. 18 on a proposal to strengthen... Read more.
Beneficial bacterium may curb Salmonella on tomatoes
05/09/2014 12:10:56 PMFood and Drug Administration scientists have found a benign bacterium that may block Salmonella from... Read more.
- Potato industry prepares for GMO offering
- Monsanto introduces tomato hybrid for the Southeast
- Scientists study habits of a disease-carrying beetle of walnuts
- Environmentally friendly biofumigants fight soil pests but pose rotation challenges
- U.S. Potato Board focuses on growth
- Pomegranates appear to be easy-to-grow citrus alternative