Sakata Seed, Alf Christianson Seed merge
04/17/2014 12:27:59 PMThe Alf Christianson Seed Co. and Sakata Seed America Inc. will merge, effective immediately, and... Read more.
Agreement keeps use of new seed varieties unrestricted
04/17/2014 10:51:56 AMMuch like open-source software, which is free to whoever wants to use it, a new open-source seed initiative... Read more.
UPDATED: Fruit, vegetable prices on the rise with drought
04/16/2014 12:17:16 PM(UPDATED April 21) Forecasting the effect of the California drought on fresh produce prices may be... Watch Video.
Nominate a young leader for Vance's 40 Under 40 award
04/16/2014 12:00:27 PMOnce again, Vance Publishing Corporation, parent of Citrus + Vegetable Magazine and the TheGrower.com, wants... Read more.
Study: Blueberries help reduce Parkinson’s risk
04/09/2014 5:44:09 PMA new study shows eating blueberries reduces the risk of contracting Parkinson’s disease and may... Read more.
Wise fungicide use helps growers manage peach scab
04/07/2014 7:16:01 PMIn spite of wet weather conducive to peach scab last season, growers saw few incidences of the fungal... Read more.
Nunhems vegetable seeds changes name to reflect parentage
04/04/2014 2:26:29 PMNunhems vegetable seeds, which for years has been owned by Monhiem, Germany-based Bayer CropScience, will... Read more.
- Study suggests organic foods nutritionally superior
- Food bloggers tour California strawberries
- Washington's 23 commissions promote apples to turf grass seed
- End nears for potato man Chris Voigt's all-spud diet
- UC study pegs California ag drought costs at $2.2 billion
- Washington potato director denies wrongdoing in political race