Smartphone app helps diagnose pests remotely
05/06/2014 11:12:44 AMA smartphone application developed by Purdue University could help growers nationwide to submit pest samples... Read more.
Researchers hope shorter trees cut labor needs
05/05/2014 5:45:29 PMIn what may be a common-sense approach to address labor availability, University of California, Davis,... Read more.
Strong strawberry crop buoys South Carolina fruit growers
05/02/2014 5:40:00 AMAlthough an April cold snap may have cut into the South Carolina peach crop, strawberries appear to... Read more.
USDA announces block grant allocations
04/28/2014 5:45:26 PMCalifornia will again receive the biggest share of funds from the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s... Read more.
Researchers ask: How damaging is spotted wing fly to organics?
04/25/2014 2:01:00 PMResearchers who are part of a multi-state effort to fight the spotted wing drosophila need help from... Read more.
Florida shipping peaches, Georgia to see later season start
04/25/2014 10:16:35 AMDUNDEE, Fla. — Florida’s peach harvest could run into late May, which might help with... Watch Video.
UPDATED: Watermelon bin bids for nationwide adoption
04/22/2014 12:58:47 PM(UPDATED COVERAGE April 24) The National Watermelon Association is urging retailers, shippers and paper companies... Read more.
- Recycling plant should aid growers with sustainability, landfills
- Test kit can confirm citrus greening in the field
- Researchers: California surface water over-allocated by fivefold
- Agricultural Water Issues in the Lower Rio Grande
- Using calcium chloride makes pickling brine more earth friendly
- Florida corn, bean company sells land