Genome database will help guide fruit choices, aid breeding
06/06/2014 12:11:26 PMResearchers from the University of Florida, Washington State, Clemson, North Carolina State and Cornell have... Read more.
Grower works to breed a better organic sweet corn
06/05/2014 10:34:36 AMA southern Oregon organic sweet corn producer has received a grant to help with developing sweeter... Watch Video.
El Níno expected to return; drought zones likely to expand
06/03/2014 9:20:49 PMThe meteorologist for the U.S. Department of Agriculture says it is “extremely likely” the El... Watch Video.
UF, K-State join on research to cut post-harvest produce losses
06/02/2014 4:41:52 PMResearchers in Kansas and Florida are working together to develop ways to improve the quality and... Read more.
Southeast watermelon deals tight, running late
06/02/2014 12:23:08 PMTRENTON, Fla. — Demand and prices remain higher than normal as a tardy southeastern watermelon... Watch Video.
Vidalia growers switch from fields to storage onions
05/29/2014 1:02:16 PMFor details on vidalia onion market research, please see "Vidalias are top sweet onion with consumers" METTER,... Watch Video.
- Potato industry prepares for GMO offering
- Pomegranates appear to be easy-to-grow citrus alternative
- U.S. Potato Board focuses on growth
- Environmentally friendly biofumigants fight soil pests but pose rotation challenges
- California registers biological insecticide
- High tunnels can extend season and improve yields, quality