University of Georgia lab tests Vidalia onions for sweetness
05/19/2014 1:57:17 PMUniversity of Georgia's Crop Quality Lab technicians have a job that brings tears to their eyes—they... Read more.
North Carolina peach growers OK assessment
05/19/2014 12:29:16 PMNorth Carolina’s peach growers have approved an assessment to fund marketing and research programs to... Read more.
Survey: Honeybee colonies fared better this winter
05/15/2014 10:14:02 AMHoneybee deaths decreased about 7 percent during the 2013-14 winter from the previous winter, according... Read more.
EPA extends comment period on changes to worker protection rule
05/14/2014 3:49:50 PMThe Environmental Protection Agency has extended the comment period to Aug. 18 on a proposal to strengthen... Read more.
UC program promotes Zumba fitness to farmworkers
05/12/2014 3:23:37 PMThe University of California, Davis, has begun a new worksite-based health program designed to lower... Watch Video.
Beneficial bacterium may curb Salmonella on tomatoes
05/09/2014 12:10:56 PMFood and Drug Administration scientists have found a benign bacterium that may block Salmonella from... Read more.
Survey: Farmers aren't sure about validity of climate change
05/09/2014 10:26:18 AMAsk a grower about climate change, and many aren't so sure a problem exists. A recent survey of growers... Read more.
- California lawmakers, ag push for water bond
- Florida Small Farms Conference honors three innovators
- 2014 Fresno Food Expo notes
- Washington's organic ag production continues to grow
- Vine-ripe Tasti-Lee tomato creates a buzz among consumers
- Texas A&M breeding program wants to make spuds more fashionable
- Study suggests organic foods nutritionally superior
- Food bloggers tour California strawberries
- Washington's 23 commissions promote apples to turf grass seed
- End nears for potato man Chris Voigt's all-spud diet
- UC study pegs California ag drought costs at $2.2 billion
- Washington potato director denies wrongdoing in political race