Vidalia onion growers say new disease hasn’t hurt crop
07/21/2014 2:28:26 PMYellow bud bacteria has been spreading through the Vidalia onion growing region in recent years, but... Read more.
Louisiana sweet potato acres rebound
07/18/2014 5:00:22 PMLouisiana sweet potato acres appear to be rebounding, with growers planting more than 9,000 this year. The... Read more.
Walmart funds second round of strawberry sustainability grants
07/18/2014 12:43:20 PMThe Bentonville, Ark.-based Walmart Foundation has donated another $1.05 million to the National Strawberry Sustainability... Read more.
New disease hits Georgia's Vidalia onion crop
07/18/2014 7:01:49 AMA new disease is hitting Georgia's Vidalia onion crop, leaving a bitter taste in growers' mouths. Yellow... Read more.
SE peach volumes surge, demand strong
07/16/2014 10:27:39 AMSoutheast peach volumes surged after a sluggish beginning, and excellent quality is driving strong demand. After... Watch Video.
Sager Creek Vegetable Co. name reflects new ownership
07/08/2014 1:33:08 PMSiloam Springs, Ark.-based vegetable processor Allens Inc. has changed its name to Sager Creek Vegetable... Read more.
- Potato industry prepares for GMO offering
- Environmentally friendly biofumigants fight soil pests but pose rotation challenges
- U.S. Potato Board focuses on growth
- Monsanto introduces tomato hybrid for the Southeast
- Scientists study habits of a disease-carrying beetle of walnuts
- Pomegranates appear to be easy-to-grow citrus alternative