PTI data can be used for much more than traceability
10/28/2013 12:31:02 PMNEW ORLEANS — The information collected as part of the Produce Traceability Initiative is much... Read more.
The hunt for a tastier tomato continues
10/28/2013 10:31:08 AMIn a continuing effort to develop tastier tomatoes, a group of U.S. Department of Researchers has... Read more.
Women add unique perspectives to firms, say panelists
10/25/2013 11:17:54 AMWomen account for only about one-third of commercially focused positions, such as procurement and risk... Watch Video.
Changing production practices can affect food safety risk
10/25/2013 8:50:51 AMA few small changes in produce production practices can either boost or reduce the risk of Salmonella... Read more.
Shipping tomatoes in corrugated cheaper, study suggests
10/23/2013 4:31:00 PMShipping tomatoes in corrugated boxes can be significantly cheaper than shipping them in reusable plastic... Read more.
Monsanto's Seminis introduces three seedless watermelons
10/21/2013 7:24:32 PMMonsanto's Seminis vegetable seed division has introduced three seedless watermelon varieties that have classic watermelon... Read more.
- Genetically engineered tomato helps fight bad cholesterol
- Most California produce tested had no detectable pesticide
- Bayer tests new seed treatments to protect honeybees
- Florida battles Mexican strawberries
- Del Monte testing genetically modified pineapple
- Glyphosate-resistant weeds also may be disease resistant