El Níno expected to return; drought zones likely to expand
06/03/2014 9:20:49 PMThe meteorologist for the U.S. Department of Agriculture says it is “extremely likely” the El... Watch Video.
UF, K-State join on research to cut post-harvest produce losses
06/02/2014 4:41:52 PMResearchers in Kansas and Florida are working together to develop ways to improve the quality and... Read more.
The Packer to launch West Coast expo next May
06/02/2014 7:47:52 AMLENEXA, Kan. — Business should be a pleasure next May in Palm Springs, Calif., as The Packer... Watch Video.
Vidalia growers switch from fields to storage onions
05/29/2014 1:02:16 PMFor details on vidalia onion market research, please see "Vidalias are top sweet onion with consumers" METTER,... Watch Video.
Georgia vegetable production running late
05/28/2014 5:21:59 PMLAKE PARK, Ga. — Buyers can expect lower than normal supplies and later-starting volume as Georgia... Watch Video.
Project seeks to improve farmers market food safety
05/28/2014 12:23:51 PMResearchers hope to enlist smartphones, tablets and the Web to help farmers market vendors and managers... Read more.
Study finds consumers confused about local, organic foods
05/28/2014 9:55:34 AMWhen it comes to the differences between local and organic foods, near one-fifth of consumers involved... Read more.
- Study suggests organic foods nutritionally superior
- Food bloggers tour California strawberries
- Washington's 23 commissions promote apples to turf grass seed
- End nears for potato man Chris Voigt's all-spud diet
- UC study pegs California ag drought costs at $2.2 billion
- Washington potato director denies wrongdoing in political race