Using calcium chloride makes pickling brine more earth friendly
07/07/2014 8:04:08 PMU.S. Department of Agriculture researchers have found a way to replace much of the salt in pickling... Read more.
Smaller growers play vital role
07/07/2014 7:39:48 PMSmall operations are important to Kentucky’s and Tennessee’s fruit and vegetable production. “We have a few... Read more.
Avoid using glufosinate herbicide on pome, stone fruit trees
06/30/2014 11:37:50 AMAs Rely 280 from Bayer CropScience comes off patent, several other glufosinate products are entering... Read more.
Texas A&M publishes strawberry production guide
06/25/2014 12:07:03 PMHot off the press from Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service—"Production Guide for Texas-Grown Strawberries." The 41-page... Read more.
Hybrid tomatoes beat out older OPs in organic trial
06/23/2014 2:15:12 PMTomato varieties grown under conventional commercial cultivation may not fare as well under organic cultivation. To... Read more.
Texas A&M nets more Walmart funds for sustainable strawberry work
06/18/2014 2:42:39 PMTexas A&M University has received additional funding from the Walmart Foundation to continue its work... Read more.
- Wawona recalls 6 weeks of stone fruit shipments
- Empire State revitalizing Pride of New York program
- Walmart funds second round of strawberry sustainability grants
- UPDATED: U.S. potato shipments resume in Mexico
- Vidalia onion growers say new disease hasn’t hurt crop
- Reflective mulch may fight citrus psyllids that transmit HLB
- Study suggests organic foods nutritionally superior
- Texas A&M publishes strawberry production guide
- Washington's 23 commissions promote apples to turf grass seed
- Study finds consumers confused about local, organic foods
- UC study pegs California ag drought costs at $2.2 billion
- Netafim to unveil portable drip system