Wise fungicide use helps growers manage peach scab
04/07/2014 7:16:01 PMIn spite of wet weather conducive to peach scab last season, growers saw few incidences of the fungal... Read more.
Nunhems vegetable seeds changes name to reflect parentage
04/04/2014 2:26:29 PMNunhems vegetable seeds, which for years has been owned by Monhiem, Germany-based Bayer CropScience, will... Read more.
Researchers tap bacteria-killing viruses to fight E. coli
04/01/2014 1:29:58 PMTreating meat and produce with selected types of bacteria-killing viruses could significantly reduce concentrations of... Watch Video.
Monsanto introduces new green bean variety
04/01/2014 10:25:30 AMMonsanto's Seminis vegetable seed division has introduced Sybaris, a medium-sized green bean for the commercial... Read more.
UPDATE: New Vidalia onion ship date in effect, despite ruling
03/31/2014 2:51:05 PMCheck out all the news from Vidalia onion growers and shippers in our annual Vidalia Onion Special... Watch Video.
2014 Georgia pecan forecast remains cloudy
03/26/2014 10:54:38 AMIf you're a pecan lover, the news isn't good coming out of Georgia. 2013 was not a good year for... Read more.
Ag commissioner appeals Vidalia onion start ruling
03/25/2014 3:17:11 PMThe head of Georgia’s agricultural department is appealing a judge’s ruling regarding the his power... Read more.
- Broccoli offers winter production opportunities for Florida
- New farm bill increases investments in specialty crops
- Cold snap delays South Carolina watermelons
- Vine-ripe Tasti-Lee tomato creates a buzz among consumers
- Salinas Valley back in the black; prices, demand up
- Bayer opens new North Carolina bee care center
- Genetically modified orange trees set for Florida field trials
- New California marketing program targets culinary tourists
- Monsanto introduces new green bean variety
- GMO labeling bill draws industry notice
- UPDATED: Federal GMO labeling bill draws ag support
- WEB EXTRA: Program helps identify Florida-grown produce