New cantaloupe facilities seek to ensure safety
05/23/2014 11:49:16 AMLast year at the end of the season, Southeastern Growers Association, Kenly, N.C., updated its cantaloupe... Read more.
'Topsy-turvy' weather adds challenges for growers
05/23/2014 11:50:58 AMNorth Carolina had a wet, cold winter that extended into early spring so fresh produce is running... Read more.
Georgia blueberry tour educates bloggers, dieticians
05/21/2014 7:36:30 PMALMA, Ga. — A group of dieticians and food bloggers received a first-hand look at how the U.S.... Watch Video.
USDA to offer crop insurance to specialty crop, organic producers
05/21/2014 12:21:49 PMThe U.S. Department of Agriculture will begin a pilot crop insurance program for organic and specialty... Read more.
University of Georgia lab tests Vidalia onions for sweetness
05/19/2014 1:57:17 PMUniversity of Georgia's Crop Quality Lab technicians have a job that brings tears to their eyes—they... Read more.
- Tomato veteran Ed Beckman tapped as COO of Live Oak Farms
- Michigan State launches search engine for tree fruit pests
- Adama introduces low-VOC pesticide umbrella brand
- CMI introduces Honeycrisp pouches
- Purchase boosts Mack Farms potato, watermelon acreage
- Southern Corporate Packers increases acreage, adds products
- Platform Specialty Products to acquire Arysta for $3.5 billion
- Is the world ready for a GMO tomato?
- Wish Farms plans to double blueberry volume
- Environmentally friendly biofumigants fight soil pests but pose rotation challenges
- PMA calls for action needed to stem obesity trends
- USDA releases five HLB-tolerant citrus rootstocks