FDA cantaloupe survey finds few pathogens
03/17/2014 10:46:57 AMDuring the 2013 summer, Food and Drug Administration field officers surveyed U.S. cantaloupe operations, visiting... Read more.
New school lunch rules don't prompt less produce consumption
03/12/2014 8:14:50 AMNew school lunch requirements, launched by the U.S. Department of Agriculture in 2012, appear to be... Read more.
Hearing set in Vidalia onion start date debate
03/07/2014 10:39:35 AMVIDALIA, Ga. — A March 12 hearing is set on whether state agriculture commissioner Gary Black... Watch Video.
Cold winter benefits Georgia's peach orchards
03/06/2014 7:46:38 AMRecord cold temperatures that hit Georgia this winter have benefited the state's peach trees, which... Read more.
Food safety evolving for eastern cantaloupe growers
03/04/2014 1:30:27 PMATLANTA — Entering its second year, the Eastern Cantaloupe Growers Association plans to help retailers... Watch Video.
EPA registers biological insecticide from Marrone Bio
03/03/2014 2:43:54 PMThe Environmental Protection Agency has registered Venerate, a biological insecticide from Davis, Calif.-based Marrone Bio... Read more.
- Wawona recalls 6 weeks of stone fruit shipments
- Empire State revitalizing Pride of New York program
- Walmart funds second round of strawberry sustainability grants
- UPDATED: U.S. potato shipments resume in Mexico
- Vidalia onion growers say new disease hasn’t hurt crop
- Georgia watermelon growers enjoy good season
- Study suggests organic foods nutritionally superior
- Texas A&M publishes strawberry production guide
- Washington's 23 commissions promote apples to turf grass seed
- Study finds consumers confused about local, organic foods
- UC study pegs California ag drought costs at $2.2 billion
- Netafim to unveil portable drip system