The appointments were effective June 15, according to a news release.
Established by Congress in 1974, the committees are designed to ensure U.S. agricultural trade policy reflects commercial and economic interests. They are jointly managed by the USDA and U.S. Trade Representative's office.
Named to the Agricultural Technical Advisory Committee for Trade in Fruits and Vegetables were:
• Bill Braswell, owner of Auburndale, Fla.-based Polkdale Farms, farm manager of Bartow-based Clear Springs Packing LLC and president of the Florida Blueberry Growers Association;
• Brett Erickson, president and chief executive officer of the Mission-based Texas International Produce Association;
• Jake Lewin, president California Certified Organic Farmers Certification Services LLC, Santa Cruz;
• Mark Powers, executive vice president of the Yakima, Wash.-based Northwest Horticultural Council; and
• Dan Richey, president of Riverfront Packing Co., Vero Beach, Fla.