Genome database will help guide fruit choices, aid breeding
06/06/2014 12:11:25 PMResearchers from the University of Florida, Washington State, Clemson, North Carolina State and Cornell have... Read more.
Blueberry leaf extract helps delay berry spoilage
06/05/2014 1:49:35 PMA blueberry leaf extract helps prolong the shelf life of berries while adding an antioxidant. Researchers... Read more.
Report: farm labor tight in Washington
06/05/2014 9:54:57 AMEarly signs point to a tight farm labor market in Washington in 2014, and that prospect is causing... Read more.
El Níno expected to return; drought zones likely to expand
06/03/2014 9:20:48 PMThe meteorologist for the U.S. Department of Agriculture says it is “extremely likely” the El... Watch Video.
Knowing late blight's origin could aid finding controls
06/03/2014 11:24:48 AMMexico is the origin of the late blight epidemic that caused the Irish Potato Famine in the 1840s,... Read more.
- USDA releases five HLB-tolerant citrus rootstocks
- Florida127 strawberry branded as Sensation for marketing
- Environmentally friendly biofumigants fight soil pests but pose rotation challenges
- Research bolsters foliar nutrients’ role in citrus greening management
- California program funds ag irrigation, energy improvements
- Citrus psyllids found in San Jose, Calif., north of citrus belt