Look at several factors when weighing high tunnels vs open fields
11/19/2013 12:28:16 PMEven in the relatively mild climate of western Washington state, growers can gain benefits from growing... Read more.
Bayer tests new seed treatments to protect honeybees
11/19/2013 10:21:18 AMBayer CropScience has successfully completed field trials of a new seed treatment technology that significantly... Read more.
Clean vine program yields millions of dollars in benefits
11/18/2013 5:01:57 PMA little money up front for disease-free grapevines and rootstock more than pays for itself in the... Read more.
Super cool research project examines ways to cut produce losses
11/18/2013 4:10:18 PMA university of Hawaii researcher is working on a super cool project to help minimize food losses... Read more.
Composted yard waste benefits growers, say studies
11/15/2013 10:37:09 AMAs an old adage goes, one man's trash is another man's treasure. In this case, King and Snohomish... Read more.
Frito launches chocolate-covered potato chips
11/13/2013 10:50:54 AMThey say everything's better with chocolate on it. Following that mantra, Frito-Lay, maker of Lay's potato... Read more.
Ag chemical application timing can reduce effects on amphibians
11/13/2013 10:01:10 AMCommon pesticides and fertilizers can take their toll on amphibians, according to the results of a... Read more.
There's still time to submit a Potato Industry Award nomination
11/13/2013 5:50:00 AMThere's still time to nominate an industry leader for a Potato Industry Award. The deadline isn't... Read more.
- Colorado State taps University of Florida's John Hayes
- California organic certifier visits highlights, challenges
- Driscoll’s CEO is hospital’s ‘Hero’
- FDA seeks input on environmental impact of safety rule
- South Florida high school teacher nabs top ag teaching award
- Hearing set in Vidalia onion start date debate
- Monsanto's Seminis introduces three seedless watermelons
- Mississippi launches voluntary bee-protection program
- Avocado pest, disease continue to spread in Southern California
- Obama’s visit spotlights California’s drought
- Genetically modified orange trees set for Florida field trials
- Study finds common plant virus may infect honeybees