UPDATED: Spud exports to Mexico stopped
06/10/2014 3:58:35 PMU.S. potato exports to Mexico have stopped in response to a lawsuit by Mexican growers. While the... Read more.
Genome database will help guide fruit choices, aid breeding
06/06/2014 12:11:25 PMResearchers from the University of Florida, Washington State, Clemson, North Carolina State and Cornell have... Read more.
Grower works to breed a better organic sweet corn
06/05/2014 10:34:36 AMA southern Oregon organic sweet corn producer has received a grant to help with developing sweeter... Watch Video.
Web seminar focuses on tomato powdery mildew
06/03/2014 9:39:36 PMAlthough powdery mildew may not be the most devastating of tomatoes diseases, it nonetheless can affect... Read more.
El Níno expected to return; drought zones likely to expand
06/03/2014 9:20:48 PMThe meteorologist for the U.S. Department of Agriculture says it is “extremely likely” the El... Watch Video.
Knowing late blight's origin could aid finding controls
06/03/2014 11:24:48 AMMexico is the origin of the late blight epidemic that caused the Irish Potato Famine in the 1840s,... Read more.
- Platform Specialty Products to acquire Arysta for $3.5 billion
- Wish Farms plans to double blueberry volume
- Is the world ready for a GMO tomato?
- PMA calls for action needed to stem obesity trends
- Environmentally friendly biofumigants fight soil pests but pose rotation challenges
- USDA releases five HLB-tolerant citrus rootstocks