Oregon hires Penn State winegrape expert to head its program
04/25/2014 12:02:02 PMOregon State University has hired a veteran educator and vineyard manager to head its wine research... Read more.
UPDATED: Northwest cherry optimism runs high
04/23/2014 9:10:41 AM(UPDATED April 24) YAKIMA, Wash. — The 2014 Northwest cherry crop has the potential to exceed... Watch Video.
USDA releases potato stock report
04/21/2014 11:04:35 AMAbout 112 million cwt. of potatoes had yet to ship from the top 13 U.S. spud-producing states as of... Read more.
Sakata Seed, Alf Christianson Seed merge
04/17/2014 12:27:58 PMThe Alf Christianson Seed Co. and Sakata Seed America Inc. will merge, effective immediately, and... Read more.
Agreement keeps use of new seed varieties unrestricted
04/17/2014 10:51:56 AMMuch like open-source software, which is free to whoever wants to use it, a new open-source seed initiative... Read more.
Two products control fire blight in organic pear, apple orchards
04/17/2014 6:20:00 AMAs the ban of two antibiotics used to treat fire blight in organic pear and apple orchards looms,... Watch Video.
- UPDATED: Wawona stone fruit recall spurred by Australian tests
- Empire State revitalizing Pride of New York program
- Food bloggers tour California strawberries
- Vidalia onion growers say new disease hasn’t hurt crop
- Walmart funds second round of strawberry sustainability grants
- UPDATED: U.S. potato shipments resume in Mexico
- Study suggests organic foods nutritionally superior
- Washington's 23 commissions promote apples to turf grass seed
- Texas A&M publishes strawberry production guide
- End nears for potato man Chris Voigt's all-spud diet
- Washington potato director denies wrongdoing in political race
- UC study pegs California ag drought costs at $2.2 billion