U.S. spud production up, citrus down
09/20/2013 7:44:03 AMU.S. potato production rose 8% in 2012, but U.S. citrus production was down 4%. About 463 million... Read more.
Policies worry farmers more than climate change itself
09/17/2013 11:32:41 AMPolicy surrounding climate change worries farmers more than climate change itself, according to a study... Read more.
Washington university remains neutral on GMO labeling measure
09/16/2013 9:20:03 AMWashington State University has issued a statement that it plans to remain neutral on Initiative 522,... Read more.
Study: Homeowners' insecticide use affects bumblebees
09/12/2013 2:09:36 PMAlthough bee advocates have focused on farmers and their use of insecticides, homeowner use of chemicals... Read more.
Organic apple production may slow in near future
09/09/2013 12:49:53 PMYAKIMA, Wash. — Shipments of organic apples continue to rise in Washington, but production increases... Read more.
- Avocado pest, disease continue to spread in Southern California
- Arizona project explores hydroponic strawberry production
- Almond harvester speeds through orchards without the dust plumes
- More Fruit, Less Fertilizer
- UPDATED: Citrus disease find in California a mystery
- New England Fruit and Vegetable Conference
- Genetically engineered tomato helps fight bad cholesterol
- Most California produce tested had no detectable pesticide
- Bayer tests new seed treatments to protect honeybees
- Florida battles Mexican strawberries
- Del Monte testing genetically modified pineapple
- Glyphosate-resistant weeds also may be disease resistant