El Níno expected to return; drought zones likely to expand
06/03/2014 9:20:48 PMThe meteorologist for the U.S. Department of Agriculture says it is “extremely likely” the El... Watch Video.
Knowing late blight's origin could aid finding controls
06/03/2014 11:24:48 AMMexico is the origin of the late blight epidemic that caused the Irish Potato Famine in the 1840s,... Read more.
USDA seeks further comments on genetically engineered spud
05/30/2014 10:11:28 PMThe U.S. Department of Agriculture is seeking public comments on an environmental assessment and a... Read more.
Washington Fruit & Produce plans to double cherry packing output
05/30/2014 10:12:08 PMA new packing house means Washington Fruit & Produce Co. could double its cherry packing output... Watch Video.
Project seeks to improve farmers market food safety
05/28/2014 12:23:50 PMResearchers hope to enlist smartphones, tablets and the Web to help farmers market vendors and managers... Read more.
Study finds consumers confused about local, organic foods
05/28/2014 9:55:34 AMWhen it comes to the differences between local and organic foods, near one-fifth of consumers involved... Read more.
WA 38 apple variety to be marketed as 'Cosmic Crisp'
05/21/2014 2:17:20 PMWA 38, an apple variety developed by Washington State University, has a new brand name designed to... Read more.
- Citrus World commits $10 million to planting orange groves
- Jackie Burns named UF/IFAS dean for research
- Common virus, pathogen conspire to damage potatoes
- Mike Roberts promoted to GM of Griffin Fertilizer
- Changing demographics, drought top the concerns of wineries
- UPDATED: FDA releases revised produce rule proposal
- Consumer acceptance of biotech produce growing
- CORRECTED: Potato industry prepares for GMO offering
- UC study pegs California ag drought costs at $2.2 billion
- University of Arkansas releases thornless primocane blackberry
- Vine-ripe Tasti-Lee tomato creates a buzz among consumers
- Most California produce in 2013 had little, no pesticide residue