Grafted blueberry trees could enhance mechanical harvesting
12/09/2013 6:10:00 AMBlueberry production costs may be reduced if the fruit were to grow on trees rather than bushes. Wei... Read more.
'Scary dancers' may help control birds in fruit crops
12/05/2013 4:32:53 PMThose large, inflatable dancing creatures commonly seen at car dealerships may have a place in agriculture... Read more.
Texas researcher seeks alternate potato zebra chip controls
12/05/2013 5:40:00 AMRather than hitting potato psyllids with a barrage of insecticides, one Texas AgriLife Extension plant... Read more.
Macro Plastics unveils hybrid plastic-wood bin
12/05/2013 1:58:04 PM(CORRECTED) WENATCHEE, Wash. — Macro Plastics used the Northwest Horticultural Expo to introduce the Hybrid... Read more.
Four Washington tree fruit groups consider consolidation
12/04/2013 5:51:47 PMWENATCHEE, Wash. — Plans to consolidate four Washington state tree fruit trade groups into one... Read more.
Some frozen produce healthier than fresh, says study
12/04/2013 8:40:14 AMAlthough many consumers may believe that fresh produce contains more nutrients than frozen, a University... Read more.
- Colorado State taps University of Florida's John Hayes
- California organic certifier visits highlights, challenges
- Driscoll’s CEO is hospital’s ‘Hero’
- Hearing set in Vidalia onion start date debate
- FDA seeks input on environmental impact of safety rule
- Promising citrus rootstocks get to the root of the HLB problem
- Monsanto's Seminis introduces three seedless watermelons
- Mississippi launches voluntary bee-protection program
- Avocado pest, disease continue to spread in Southern California
- Obama’s visit spotlights California’s drought
- Genetically modified orange trees set for Florida field trials
- Study finds common plant virus may infect honeybees