Report: farm labor tight in Washington
06/05/2014 9:54:57 AMEarly signs point to a tight farm labor market in Washington in 2014, and that prospect is causing... Read more.
Web seminar focuses on tomato powdery mildew
06/03/2014 9:39:36 PMAlthough powdery mildew may not be the most devastating of tomatoes diseases, it nonetheless can affect... Read more.
El Níno expected to return; drought zones likely to expand
06/03/2014 9:20:48 PMThe meteorologist for the U.S. Department of Agriculture says it is “extremely likely” the El... Watch Video.
Knowing late blight's origin could aid finding controls
06/03/2014 11:24:48 AMMexico is the origin of the late blight epidemic that caused the Irish Potato Famine in the 1840s,... Read more.
USDA seeks further comments on genetically engineered spud
05/30/2014 10:11:28 PMThe U.S. Department of Agriculture is seeking public comments on an environmental assessment and a... Read more.
Washington Fruit & Produce plans to double cherry packing output
05/30/2014 10:12:08 PMA new packing house means Washington Fruit & Produce Co. could double its cherry packing output... Watch Video.
Project seeks to improve farmers market food safety
05/28/2014 12:23:50 PMResearchers hope to enlist smartphones, tablets and the Web to help farmers market vendors and managers... Read more.
- Consumer acceptance of biotech produce growing
- CORRECTED: Potato industry prepares for GMO offering
- WEB EXTRA: Program helps identify Florida-grown produce
- UC study pegs California ag drought costs at $2.2 billion
- University of Arkansas releases thornless primocane blackberry
- Most California produce in 2013 had little, no pesticide residue