Smartphone app helps determine dollar value of manure
12/16/2013 1:08:37 PMWhat's that manure worth? There's an app for that. Actually, the smartphone app from the University... Read more.
Signature gathering begins for Oregon GMO labeling initiative
12/13/2013 1:42:42 PMSupporters of an Oregon ballot initiative to require labeling of foods with genetically modified organisms... Read more.
Mechanical grape thinning pays off for growers
12/11/2013 11:27:12 AMMechanical grape thinning is beginning to pay dividends for western New York growers. The technique involves... Read more.
UPDATED: Honeybee groups sue EPA over insecticide registration
12/10/2013 4:03:24 PMBeekeeping groups have filed a challenge against the Environmental Protection Agency over its approval... Read more.
Grafted blueberry trees could enhance mechanical harvesting
12/09/2013 6:10:00 AMBlueberry production costs may be reduced if the fruit were to grow on trees rather than bushes. Wei... Read more.
'Scary dancers' may help control birds in fruit crops
12/05/2013 4:32:53 PMThose large, inflatable dancing creatures commonly seen at car dealerships may have a place in agriculture... Read more.
Texas researcher seeks alternate potato zebra chip controls
12/05/2013 5:40:00 AMRather than hitting potato psyllids with a barrage of insecticides, one Texas AgriLife Extension plant... Read more.
- Research shows chlorine works best to keep wash water clean
- Colorado State taps University of Florida's John Hayes
- UPDATED: UC-Davis says strawberry commission dispute on hold
- Monsanto showcases tasty melons in development
- Research links mite to deadly honey bee virus
- Onion growers, researchers slowly gain on profit-robbing iris yellow spot virus
- Monsanto's Seminis introduces three seedless watermelons
- Mississippi launches voluntary bee-protection program
- Avocado pest, disease continue to spread in Southern California
- Obama’s visit spotlights California’s drought
- Genetically modified orange trees set for Florida field trials
- Study finds common plant virus may infect honeybees