PTI data can be used for much more than traceability
10/28/2013 12:31:02 PMNEW ORLEANS — The information collected as part of the Produce Traceability Initiative is much... Read more.
Women add unique perspectives to firms, say panelists
10/25/2013 11:17:53 AMWomen account for only about one-third of commercially focused positions, such as procurement and risk... Watch Video.
Changing production practices can affect food safety risk
10/25/2013 8:50:50 AMA few small changes in produce production practices can either boost or reduce the risk of Salmonella... Read more.
Industry works to divert waste from landfills
10/18/2013 5:46:53 PMNEW ORLEANS – About 40% of all fruits and vegetables grown in the U.S. are thrown away, straining... Read more.
Agritourism operators should review their safety plans
10/16/2013 11:30:43 AMFall marks high consumer interest in agritourism from hayrides and corn mazes to pumpkin patches and... Read more.
Effects of Jensen charges ripple through industry
10/15/2013 4:35:21 PMRegardless of the outcome of the criminal case against Eric and Ryan Jensen, the first instance of... Read more.
Oregon updates publication on protecting bees from pesticides
10/15/2013 12:55:45 PMThe Oregon State University Extension Service has has revised its publication, "How to Reduce Bee... Read more.
Sensor chip may provide economic irrigation management
10/14/2013 7:00:00 AMA water sensor that's small enough to fit on a fingertip may provide growers with an economic way... Read more.
- Survey finds food safety ranks as a top concern among Floridians
- 'Scary dancers' may help control birds in fruit crops
- Macro Plastics unveils hybrid plastic-wood bin
- Texas researcher seeks alternate potato zebra chip controls
- USDA halts national LGMA
- Fresh produce industry vital to Arizona economy, research shows
- Genetically engineered tomato helps fight bad cholesterol
- Most California produce tested had no detectable pesticide
- Bayer tests new seed treatments to protect honeybees
- Florida battles Mexican strawberries
- Del Monte testing genetically modified pineapple
- Glyphosate-resistant weeds also may be disease resistant