USDA seeks further comments on genetically engineered spud
05/30/2014 10:11:28 PMThe U.S. Department of Agriculture is seeking public comments on an environmental assessment and a... Read more.
Washington Fruit & Produce plans to double cherry packing output
05/30/2014 10:12:08 PMA new packing house means Washington Fruit & Produce Co. could double its cherry packing output... Watch Video.
Project seeks to improve farmers market food safety
05/28/2014 12:23:50 PMResearchers hope to enlist smartphones, tablets and the Web to help farmers market vendors and managers... Read more.
Study finds consumers confused about local, organic foods
05/28/2014 9:55:34 AMWhen it comes to the differences between local and organic foods, near one-fifth of consumers involved... Read more.
WA 38 apple variety to be marketed as 'Cosmic Crisp'
05/21/2014 2:17:20 PMWA 38, an apple variety developed by Washington State University, has a new brand name designed to... Read more.
USDA to offer crop insurance to specialty crop, organic producers
05/21/2014 12:21:48 PMThe U.S. Department of Agriculture will begin a pilot crop insurance program for organic and specialty... Read more.
- Study suggests organic foods nutritionally superior
- Food bloggers tour California strawberries
- Washington's 23 commissions promote apples to turf grass seed
- End nears for potato man Chris Voigt's all-spud diet
- UC study pegs California ag drought costs at $2.2 billion
- Washington potato director denies wrongdoing in political race