NW cherry industry eyes record year
08/19/2014 5:54:43 PMThe Northwest cherry industry has record volumes in its sights. As of Aug. 18, shippers were on pace... Watch Video.
EPA restricts use of methomyl insecticide
08/11/2014 2:18:53 PMRegistrants of the insecticide methomyl and the Environmental Protection Agency have agreed to mitigation measures... Read more.
Researchers tap dwarfing rootstocks for 'ladderless' orchard
08/11/2014 9:54:24 AMLadders could be a thing of the past for peach and nectarine harvest crews based on a new test orchard... Read more.
Food safety focus of water report
08/08/2014 5:19:10 PMThe Produce Marketing Association and Western Growers Association partnered with the Center for Produce Safety... Read more.
Michigan State receives $6.9 million to continue native bee work
08/06/2014 1:16:26 PMThe U.S. Department of Agriculture has awarded $6.9 million to Michigan State University to develop... Watch Video.
- Consumer acceptance of biotech produce growing
- CORRECTED: Potato industry prepares for GMO offering
- UC study pegs California ag drought costs at $2.2 billion
- University of Arkansas releases thornless primocane blackberry
- Vine-ripe Tasti-Lee tomato creates a buzz among consumers
- Most California produce in 2013 had little, no pesticide residue