USDA proposes to expand organic exemptions to check-off programs
12/16/2014 12:47:57 PMThe U.S. Department of Agriculture has proposed a rule to expand the number of organic farmers and... Read more.
USDA grants fund robotics research
12/16/2014 10:03:14 AMThe U.S. Department of Agriculture's National Institute of Food and Agriculture has awarded about $3... Read more.
FAA grants exemption to Trimble drone
12/15/2014 11:16:15 AMSunnyvale, Calif.-based Trimble has received Federal Aviation Administration exemption to operate its UX5 Aerial Imaging... Read more.
UPDATE: Potato brothers guilty in $2 million fraud case
12/11/2014 2:32:19 PM(UPDATED COVERAGE, 12:25 p.m. Dec. 12) Potato growing brothers Arron and Derek Johnson could face... Read more.
Port strife bites Washington apples
12/10/2014 4:01:12 PMWashington’s apple industry is losing an estimated $19 million per week to congestion at the... Read more.
Web broadcast focuses on high-tunnel tomato diseases
12/10/2014 9:14:09 AMHigh tunnels offer weather protection and can extend a tomato season, but diseases may remain a concern. Focus... Read more.
Web seminars focus on spud sprout control, root lesion nematode
12/09/2014 11:10:36 AMThe Plant Management Network has launched two new Focus on Potato Web seminars: sprout control and... Read more.
- Farmers Mutual Hail to acquire John Deere Insurance
- USDA seeks to knock down trade barriers, create consistent rules
- Stinky invading insect bugs Pacific Northwest growers
- Central Valley citrus growers dodge a freeze but expect more
- FFVA fills newly created food safety and sustainability position
- Monsanto showcases tasty melons in development