Organics board: antibiotic treatment to end for apples and pears
05/05/2014 8:46:52 AMDealing a blow to organic tree fruit growers, the National Organic Standards Board voted May 2 against... Read more.
Borton & Sons owes $217,717 in unpaid assessments
05/01/2014 11:52:08 AMGrower-shipper Borton & Sons Inc. must pay the Washington Apple Commission $217,717 for unpaid assessments. Yakima,... Read more.
Dissection helps researchers learn how psyllids spread zebra chip
05/01/2014 11:25:16 AMA U.S. Department of Agriculture entomologist is using itsy-bitsy forceps to dissect the potato psyllid... Read more.
Video promotes best management practices for psyllids
04/30/2014 3:06:54 PMThe California Citrus Pest & Disease Prevention Program has produced an educational video about harvest... Watch Video.
U.S. Apple responds to criticism of treatment
04/30/2014 11:49:50 AMThe Environmental Working Group’s criticism of U.S. standards for an anti-scald chemical used on apples... Read more.
Got stink bugs? Answer a survey to receive a free stink bug guide
04/28/2014 3:06:13 PMGot stink bugs? That's the question a group from Cornell University is posing to growers to gauge... Watch Video.
- Study: West will likely face 'megadrought' within next century
- Specialty grapes star in Emmys dinner
- Netafim, T-L Irrigation join on hybrid center-pivot drip system
- DuPont to sell Kocide business to Mitsui & Co.
- Three fungal diseases hit Pacific Northwest vegetable crops
- Florida ag department offers cost-share for weather stations