Beneficial bacterium may curb Salmonella on tomatoes
05/09/2014 12:10:56 PMFood and Drug Administration scientists have found a benign bacterium that may block Salmonella from... Read more.
Chelan Fresh expects more Orondo Rubies, rainiers
05/08/2014 1:01:57 PMChelan Fresh Marketing, which expects to start shipping cherries about June 10, looks forward to increased... Watch Video.
Blankets help keep strawberry plants warm during cold winters
05/08/2014 10:22:48 AMBlankets don't just keep people warm during cold winter nights—they also keep strawberry plants warm. Those... Read more.
Watch for pollution-induced plant damage in heated greenhouses
05/07/2014 4:26:50 PMHeated greenhouses and high tunnels are designed to protect crops from the elements. But a poorly... Read more.
Smartphone app helps diagnose pests remotely
05/06/2014 11:12:44 AMA smartphone application developed by Purdue University could help growers nationwide to submit pest samples... Read more.
Domex Superfresh ready for bigger summer cherry volumes
05/06/2014 11:01:02 AMDomex Superfresh Growers and other producers expect ample volumes for the Pacific Northwest summer cherry... Watch Video.
Organics board: antibiotic treatment to end for apples and pears
05/05/2014 8:46:52 AMDealing a blow to organic tree fruit growers, the National Organic Standards Board voted May 2 against... Read more.
- Web seminar focuses on potato fungicide resistance management
- California implements new olive oil standards
- Spud and citrus production down, value up
- Fire ravages Phillips Farms packinghouse
- FFVA meeting focuses on produce sales, health care
- California enacts citrus psyllid quarantine around Bakersfield
- UPDATED: California governor signs groundwater management bills
- Florida citrus growers get USDA assistance
- Pesky bagrada bugs expand northward in California
- Florida citrus nursery tree production levels off
- Trials find many products don’t curb bacterial spot in tomatoes
- Vance Agribusiness names 40 Under 40 honorees
- Consumer acceptance of biotech produce growing
- CORRECTED: Potato industry prepares for GMO offering
- UC study pegs California ag drought costs at $2.2 billion
- University of Arkansas releases thornless primocane blackberry
- Vine-ripe Tasti-Lee tomato creates a buzz among consumers
- Most California produce in 2013 had little, no pesticide residue