Agreement keeps use of new seed varieties unrestricted
04/17/2014 10:51:56 AMMuch like open-source software, which is free to whoever wants to use it, a new open-source seed initiative... Read more.
Two products control fire blight in organic pear, apple orchards
04/17/2014 6:20:00 AMAs the ban of two antibiotics used to treat fire blight in organic pear and apple orchards looms,... Watch Video.
Nominate a young leader for Vance's 40 Under 40 award
04/16/2014 12:00:27 PMOnce again, Vance Publishing Corporation, parent of Citrus + Vegetable Magazine and the TheGrower.com, wants... Read more.
Bayer opens new North Carolina bee care center
04/16/2014 11:30:21 AMWith a snip of a giant pair of scissors recently, James Blome, president and chief executive officer... Watch Video.
Nunhems vegetable seeds changes name to reflect parentage
04/04/2014 2:26:29 PMNunhems vegetable seeds, which for years has been owned by Monhiem, Germany-based Bayer CropScience, will... Read more.
Researchers tap bacteria-killing viruses to fight E. coli
04/01/2014 1:29:58 PMTreating meat and produce with selected types of bacteria-killing viruses could significantly reduce concentrations of... Watch Video.
- Web seminar focuses on potato fungicide resistance management
- California implements new olive oil standards
- Spud and citrus production down, value up
- Fire ravages Phillips Farms packinghouse
- FFVA meeting focuses on produce sales, health care
- California enacts citrus psyllid quarantine around Bakersfield
- UPDATED: California governor signs groundwater management bills
- Florida citrus growers get USDA assistance
- Pesky bagrada bugs expand northward in California
- Florida citrus nursery tree production levels off
- Trials find many products don’t curb bacterial spot in tomatoes
- Vance Agribusiness names 40 Under 40 honorees
- Consumer acceptance of biotech produce growing
- CORRECTED: Potato industry prepares for GMO offering
- UC study pegs California ag drought costs at $2.2 billion
- University of Arkansas releases thornless primocane blackberry
- Vine-ripe Tasti-Lee tomato creates a buzz among consumers
- Most California produce in 2013 had little, no pesticide residue