Researchers ask: How damaging is spotted wing fly to organics?
04/25/2014 2:01:00 PMResearchers who are part of a multi-state effort to fight the spotted wing drosophila need help from... Read more.
Maine partnership releases two spud varieties
04/24/2014 1:43:55 PMThe Maine Potato Board and the University of Maine, Orono, released two potato varieties aimed at... Read more.
Vermont appears on verge of passing GMO labeling law
04/24/2014 12:24:17 PMVermont appears on the verge of enacting the nation's first no-strings-attached law requiring the labeling... Read more.
Pheromones enhance cranberry weevil traps
04/22/2014 12:44:12 PMA blend of four pheromones caught significantly more cranberry weevils on yellow sticky traps than... Read more.
Sakata Seed, Alf Christianson Seed merge
04/17/2014 12:27:59 PMThe Alf Christianson Seed Co. and Sakata Seed America Inc. will merge, effective immediately, and... Read more.
Agreement keeps use of new seed varieties unrestricted
04/17/2014 10:51:56 AMMuch like open-source software, which is free to whoever wants to use it, a new open-source seed initiative... Read more.
Two products control fire blight in organic pear, apple orchards
04/17/2014 6:20:00 AMAs the ban of two antibiotics used to treat fire blight in organic pear and apple orchards looms,... Watch Video.
- UPDATED: California governor signs groundwater management bills
- Florida citrus growers get USDA assistance
- Pesky bagrada bugs expand northward in California
- Vance Agribusiness names 40 Under 40 honorees
- Environmentally friendly biofumigants fight soil pests but pose rotation challenges
- EPA registers Nimitz nematicide
- Consumer acceptance of biotech produce growing
- CORRECTED: Potato industry prepares for GMO offering
- UC study pegs California ag drought costs at $2.2 billion
- University of Arkansas releases thornless primocane blackberry
- Vine-ripe Tasti-Lee tomato creates a buzz among consumers
- Most California produce in 2013 had little, no pesticide residue