Researchers ask: How damaging is spotted wing fly to organics?
04/25/2014 2:01:00 PMResearchers who are part of a multi-state effort to fight the spotted wing drosophila need help from... Read more.
Maine partnership releases two spud varieties
04/24/2014 1:43:55 PMThe Maine Potato Board and the University of Maine, Orono, released two potato varieties aimed at... Read more.
Vermont appears on verge of passing GMO labeling law
04/24/2014 12:24:17 PMVermont appears on the verge of enacting the nation's first no-strings-attached law requiring the labeling... Read more.
Pheromones enhance cranberry weevil traps
04/22/2014 12:44:12 PMA blend of four pheromones caught significantly more cranberry weevils on yellow sticky traps than... Read more.
Sakata Seed, Alf Christianson Seed merge
04/17/2014 12:27:59 PMThe Alf Christianson Seed Co. and Sakata Seed America Inc. will merge, effective immediately, and... Read more.
Agreement keeps use of new seed varieties unrestricted
04/17/2014 10:51:56 AMMuch like open-source software, which is free to whoever wants to use it, a new open-source seed initiative... Read more.
Two products control fire blight in organic pear, apple orchards
04/17/2014 6:20:00 AMAs the ban of two antibiotics used to treat fire blight in organic pear and apple orchards looms,... Watch Video.
- Study suggests organic foods nutritionally superior
- Washington's 23 commissions promote apples to turf grass seed
- Food bloggers tour California strawberries
- End nears for potato man Chris Voigt's all-spud diet
- UC study pegs California ag drought costs at $2.2 billion
- Washington potato director denies wrongdoing in political race