Rain complicates pumpkin deal
09/24/2014 12:54:32 PMRains have cut into volumes in some pumpkin-growing areas and delayed harvests in others. Capac, Mich.-based... Read more.
Common virus, pathogen conspire to damage potatoes
09/22/2014 4:41:37 PMA common potato virus and a fungus-like pathogen can team up to cause even more damage in potatoes. Washington... Read more.
Web seminar focuses on potato fungicide resistance management
09/19/2014 4:06:42 PMAlthough herbicide-resistant weeds have captured headlines in many trade publications the past few years, another... Read more.
Spud and citrus production down, value up
09/19/2014 11:42:18 AMU.S. potato and citrus production fell in the 2013-14 season, but the values of both crops increased,... Read more.
EPA registers Nimitz nematicide
09/12/2014 7:58:49 AMThe Environmental Protection Agency has registered Nimitz nematicide from Raleigh, N.C.-based Adama for use on... Read more.
EPA registers bactericide for fire blight in apples, pears
09/11/2014 10:01:13 AMThe Environmental Protection Agency has registered Kasumin bactericide to treat Erwinia amylovora, the bacteria responsible... Read more.
- Farmers Mutual Hail to acquire John Deere Insurance
- USDA seeks to knock down trade barriers, create consistent rules
- Central Valley citrus growers dodge a freeze but expect more
- Desert frosts nip lettuce
- FFVA fills newly created food safety and sustainability position
- UF taps citizen scientists to help collect bee data