Grower works to breed a better organic sweet corn
06/05/2014 10:34:36 AMA southern Oregon organic sweet corn producer has received a grant to help with developing sweeter... Watch Video.
Web seminar focuses on tomato powdery mildew
06/03/2014 9:39:36 PMAlthough powdery mildew may not be the most devastating of tomatoes diseases, it nonetheless can affect... Read more.
Knowing late blight's origin could aid finding controls
06/03/2014 11:24:48 AMMexico is the origin of the late blight epidemic that caused the Irish Potato Famine in the 1840s,... Read more.
The Packer to launch West Coast expo next May
06/02/2014 7:47:52 AMLENEXA, Kan. — Business should be a pleasure next May in Palm Springs, Calif., as The Packer... Watch Video.
USDA seeks further comments on genetically engineered spud
05/30/2014 10:11:29 PMThe U.S. Department of Agriculture is seeking public comments on an environmental assessment and a... Read more.
Project seeks to improve farmers market food safety
05/28/2014 12:23:51 PMResearchers hope to enlist smartphones, tablets and the Web to help farmers market vendors and managers... Read more.
Study finds consumers confused about local, organic foods
05/28/2014 9:55:34 AMWhen it comes to the differences between local and organic foods, near one-fifth of consumers involved... Read more.
- Potato industry prepares for GMO offering
- Environmentally friendly biofumigants fight soil pests but pose rotation challenges
- U.S. Potato Board focuses on growth
- Monsanto introduces tomato hybrid for the Southeast
- Scientists study habits of a disease-carrying beetle of walnuts
- Pomegranates appear to be easy-to-grow citrus alternative