UPDATED: Spud exports to Mexico stopped
06/10/2014 3:58:36 PMU.S. potato exports to Mexico have stopped in response to a lawsuit by Mexican growers. While the... Read more.
Genome database will help guide fruit choices, aid breeding
06/06/2014 12:11:27 PMResearchers from the University of Florida, Washington State, Clemson, North Carolina State and Cornell have... Read more.
Melon variety combines flavor with shelf life
06/05/2014 1:19:51 PMSOMERTON, Ariz. — Traditionally, melon breeders have focused on grower traits, such as yields and... Watch Video.
Web seminar focuses on tomato powdery mildew
06/03/2014 9:39:36 PMAlthough powdery mildew may not be the most devastating of tomatoes diseases, it nonetheless can affect... Read more.
Knowing late blight's origin could aid finding controls
06/03/2014 11:24:48 AMMexico is the origin of the late blight epidemic that caused the Irish Potato Famine in the 1840s,... Read more.
- Vine-ripe Tasti-Lee tomato creates a buzz among consumers
- Central Valley citrus growers dodge a freeze but expect more
- Desert frosts nip lettuce
- Farmers Mutual Hail to acquire John Deere Insurance
- USDA seeks to knock down trade barriers, create consistent rules
- Guest opinion: Biologicals play a key role in food production