UPDATED: USDA shuts door to potatoes in WIC
02/28/2014 3:50:59 PM(UPDATED COVERAGE, 4:50 p.m.) The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s final say on changes to Women,... Read more.
Stink bug saliva sheds light on how it damages plants
02/27/2014 3:19:01 PMSpit happens. But until recently researchers didn't know much about the saliva from brown marmorated... Read more.
Northeast's 'polar vortex' may not reduce stink bug numbers
02/27/2014 9:57:13 AMIf there was one thing good to come out of the nonstop bitter cold storms that hit the Northeast this... Read more.
Farm bill provision boosts bulk apple exports
02/26/2014 11:01:13 AMSaving growers as much as $300 a truckload, a 2014 farm bill provision allows bulk fresh apple shipments... Read more.
North American potato production down in 2013
02/21/2014 3:31:45 PMFall potato production in the U.S. and Canada fell 3% from 2012 to 2013. About 501 million cwt. of... Read more.
- UPDATED: Wawona stone fruit recall spurred by Australian tests
- Fungicide-resistant late blight found in Wisconsin spud field
- Food bloggers tour California strawberries
- Empire State revitalizing Pride of New York program
- Vidalia onion growers say new disease hasn’t hurt crop
- New spud variety suited to Florida, fries up less oily
- Study suggests organic foods nutritionally superior
- Washington's 23 commissions promote apples to turf grass seed
- Texas A&M publishes strawberry production guide
- End nears for potato man Chris Voigt's all-spud diet
- Lab offers new plant nutrient analysis service
- Washington potato director denies wrongdoing in political race