Sakata Seed, Alf Christianson Seed merge
04/17/2014 12:27:59 PMThe Alf Christianson Seed Co. and Sakata Seed America Inc. will merge, effective immediately, and... Read more.
Agreement keeps use of new seed varieties unrestricted
04/17/2014 10:51:56 AMMuch like open-source software, which is free to whoever wants to use it, a new open-source seed initiative... Read more.
Two products control fire blight in organic pear, apple orchards
04/17/2014 6:20:00 AMAs the ban of two antibiotics used to treat fire blight in organic pear and apple orchards looms,... Watch Video.
Nominate a young leader for Vance's 40 Under 40 award
04/16/2014 12:00:28 PMOnce again, Vance Publishing Corporation, parent of Citrus + Vegetable Magazine and the TheGrower.com, wants... Read more.
EPA registers Cheminova fungicide
04/17/2014 7:00:00 AMThe Environmental Protection Agency has registered Cercobin Fungicide from Cheminova Inc. of Research Triangle Park,... Read more.
Nunhems vegetable seeds changes name to reflect parentage
04/04/2014 2:26:29 PMNunhems vegetable seeds, which for years has been owned by Monhiem, Germany-based Bayer CropScience, will... Read more.
New Jersey ag station launches organic weed control website
04/02/2014 1:26:36 PMBased on input from organic growers, the New Jersey Agricultural Experiment Station has launched a... Read more.
- GMO labeling initiative qualifies for Colorado's November ballot
- Recycling plant should aid growers with sustainability, landfills
- Researchers: California surface water over-allocated by fivefold
- Nationwide growth prompts Bayer expansion
- California bans high-VOC pesticides in the Central Valley in 2015
- Scientist tries peanut digger to fight nutsedge in organic fields