Idaho variety guide matches potato to use
05/12/2014 2:05:54 PMWith the increasing number of potato varieties out there, it's sometimes hard to figure out what potato... Read more.
Beneficial bacterium may curb Salmonella on tomatoes
05/09/2014 12:10:56 PMFood and Drug Administration scientists have found a benign bacterium that may block Salmonella from... Read more.
Blankets help keep strawberry plants warm during cold winters
05/08/2014 10:22:48 AMBlankets don't just keep people warm during cold winter nights—they also keep strawberry plants warm. Those... Read more.
Watch for pollution-induced plant damage in heated greenhouses
05/07/2014 4:26:50 PMHeated greenhouses and high tunnels are designed to protect crops from the elements. But a poorly... Read more.
Smartphone app helps diagnose pests remotely
05/06/2014 11:12:44 AMA smartphone application developed by Purdue University could help growers nationwide to submit pest samples... Read more.
Organics board: antibiotic treatment to end for apples and pears
05/05/2014 8:46:53 AMDealing a blow to organic tree fruit growers, the National Organic Standards Board voted May 2 against... Read more.
Dissection helps researchers learn how psyllids spread zebra chip
05/01/2014 11:25:16 AMA U.S. Department of Agriculture entomologist is using itsy-bitsy forceps to dissect the potato psyllid... Read more.
- Tomato veteran Ed Beckman tapped as COO of Live Oak Farms
- Michigan State launches search engine for tree fruit pests
- Adama introduces low-VOC pesticide umbrella brand
- CMI introduces Honeycrisp pouches
- Purchase boosts Mack Farms potato, watermelon acreage
- Southern Corporate Packers increases acreage, adds products
- Platform Specialty Products to acquire Arysta for $3.5 billion
- Is the world ready for a GMO tomato?
- Wish Farms plans to double blueberry volume
- PMA calls for action needed to stem obesity trends
- Environmentally friendly biofumigants fight soil pests but pose rotation challenges
- USDA releases five HLB-tolerant citrus rootstocks