Agreement keeps use of new seed varieties unrestricted
04/17/2014 10:51:56 AMMuch like open-source software, which is free to whoever wants to use it, a new open-source seed initiative... Read more.
Two products control fire blight in organic pear, apple orchards
04/17/2014 6:20:00 AMAs the ban of two antibiotics used to treat fire blight in organic pear and apple orchards looms,... Watch Video.
Nominate a young leader for Vance's 40 Under 40 award
04/16/2014 12:00:28 PMOnce again, Vance Publishing Corporation, parent of Citrus + Vegetable Magazine and the TheGrower.com, wants... Read more.
Bayer opens new North Carolina bee care center
04/16/2014 11:30:21 AMWith a snip of a giant pair of scissors recently, James Blome, president and chief executive officer... Watch Video.
Nunhems vegetable seeds changes name to reflect parentage
04/04/2014 2:26:29 PMNunhems vegetable seeds, which for years has been owned by Monhiem, Germany-based Bayer CropScience, will... Read more.
New Jersey ag station launches organic weed control website
04/02/2014 1:26:36 PMBased on input from organic growers, the New Jersey Agricultural Experiment Station has launched a... Read more.
Researchers tap bacteria-killing viruses to fight E. coli
04/01/2014 1:29:58 PMTreating meat and produce with selected types of bacteria-killing viruses could significantly reduce concentrations of... Watch Video.
- Wawona recalls 6 weeks of stone fruit shipments
- Empire State revitalizing Pride of New York program
- Walmart funds second round of strawberry sustainability grants
- UPDATED: U.S. potato shipments resume in Mexico
- Vidalia onion growers say new disease hasn’t hurt crop
- Georgia watermelon growers enjoy good season
- Study suggests organic foods nutritionally superior
- Texas A&M publishes strawberry production guide
- Washington's 23 commissions promote apples to turf grass seed
- Study finds consumers confused about local, organic foods
- UC study pegs California ag drought costs at $2.2 billion
- Netafim to unveil portable drip system