Common virus, pathogen conspire to damage potatoes
09/22/2014 4:41:37 PMA common potato virus and a fungus-like pathogen can team up to cause even more damage in potatoes. Washington... Read more.
Web seminar focuses on potato fungicide resistance management
09/19/2014 4:06:43 PMAlthough herbicide-resistant weeds have captured headlines in many trade publications the past few years, another... Read more.
Johnny's Seeds offers Kalettes seed
09/18/2014 9:24:44 AMFairfield, Maine-based Johnny's Selected Seeds has begun offering Kalettes seed this fall for direct-to-market... Read more.
Sweet potato harvests ramp up
09/22/2014 12:21:27 PMStrong sweet potato markets should weaken as harvests ramp up. Prices have come down a bit since... Read more.
EPA registers bactericide for fire blight in apples, pears
09/11/2014 10:01:13 AMThe Environmental Protection Agency has registered Kasumin bactericide to treat Erwinia amylovora, the bacteria responsible... Read more.
- Vine-ripe Tasti-Lee tomato creates a buzz among consumers
- Desert frosts nip lettuce
- Central Valley citrus growers dodge a freeze but expect more
- USDA seeks to knock down trade barriers, create consistent rules
- Guest opinion: Biologicals play a key role in food production
- Farmers Mutual Hail to acquire John Deere Insurance