The Packer to launch West Coast expo next May
06/02/2014 7:47:53 AMLENEXA, Kan. — Business should be a pleasure next May in Palm Springs, Calif., as The Packer... Watch Video.
USDA seeks further comments on genetically engineered spud
05/30/2014 10:11:29 PMThe U.S. Department of Agriculture is seeking public comments on an environmental assessment and a... Read more.
Project seeks to improve farmers market food safety
05/28/2014 12:23:51 PMResearchers hope to enlist smartphones, tablets and the Web to help farmers market vendors and managers... Read more.
Study finds consumers confused about local, organic foods
05/28/2014 9:55:34 AMWhen it comes to the differences between local and organic foods, near one-fifth of consumers involved... Read more.
USDA to offer crop insurance to specialty crop, organic producers
05/21/2014 12:21:50 PMThe U.S. Department of Agriculture will begin a pilot crop insurance program for organic and specialty... Read more.
Nufarm to market biological fire blight control
05/19/2014 3:49:07 PMBeginning next year, Cary, N.C.-based Nufarm will take over marketing of a biological agent that controls... Read more.
Survey: Honeybee colonies fared better this winter
05/15/2014 10:14:02 AMHoneybee deaths decreased about 7 percent during the 2013-14 winter from the previous winter, according... Read more.
- California to raise farmers market fees to fund more inspectors
- Bernard Imming, former United Fresh leader, dies
- Fruit prices rising faster than vegetables
- UF names Michael Rogers interim head of citrus center
- Fruit and vegetable committee sets priorities
- California expands psyllid quarantine in Tulare County
- Consumer acceptance of biotech produce growing
- CORRECTED: Potato industry prepares for GMO offering
- Vine-ripe Tasti-Lee tomato creates a buzz among consumers
- Most California produce in 2013 had little, no pesticide residue
- Fresno Food Expo marks new date, opens registration
- Johnny's Seeds offers Kalettes seed