USDA reopens comment period for GMO apple
01/01/2014 12:47:34 PMThe U.S. Department of Agriculture has reopened the comment period on the Arctic apple, a fruit genetically... Read more.
Smartphone app helps determine dollar value of manure
12/16/2013 1:08:37 PMWhat's that manure worth? There's an app for that. Actually, the smartphone app from the University... Read more.
Nufarm introduces new copper formulation
12/12/2013 3:58:45 PMChicago-based Nufarm has introduced ChampION, a copper fungicide/bactericide for use on several specialty crops. Among the... Read more.
UPDATED: Honeybee groups sue EPA over insecticide registration
12/10/2013 4:03:24 PMBeekeeping groups have filed a challenge against the Environmental Protection Agency over its approval... Read more.
'Scary dancers' may help control birds in fruit crops
12/05/2013 4:32:54 PMThose large, inflatable dancing creatures commonly seen at car dealerships may have a place in agriculture... Read more.
Some frozen produce healthier than fresh, says study
12/04/2013 8:40:15 AMAlthough many consumers may believe that fresh produce contains more nutrients than frozen, a University... Read more.
- Colorado State taps University of Florida's John Hayes
- California organic certifier visits highlights, challenges
- Driscoll’s CEO is hospital’s ‘Hero’
- FDA seeks input on environmental impact of safety rule
- South Florida high school teacher nabs top ag teaching award
- Hearing set in Vidalia onion start date debate
- Monsanto's Seminis introduces three seedless watermelons
- Mississippi launches voluntary bee-protection program
- Avocado pest, disease continue to spread in Southern California
- Obama’s visit spotlights California’s drought
- Genetically modified orange trees set for Florida field trials
- Study finds common plant virus may infect honeybees