UC program promotes Zumba fitness to farmworkers
05/12/2014 3:23:37 PMThe University of California, Davis, has begun a new worksite-based health program designed to lower... Watch Video.
Idaho variety guide matches potato to use
05/12/2014 2:05:54 PMWith the increasing number of potato varieties out there, it's sometimes hard to figure out what potato... Read more.
Beneficial bacterium may curb Salmonella on tomatoes
05/09/2014 12:10:56 PMFood and Drug Administration scientists have found a benign bacterium that may block Salmonella from... Read more.
Blankets help keep strawberry plants warm during cold winters
05/08/2014 10:22:48 AMBlankets don't just keep people warm during cold winter nights—they also keep strawberry plants warm. Those... Read more.
Watch for pollution-induced plant damage in heated greenhouses
05/07/2014 4:26:50 PMHeated greenhouses and high tunnels are designed to protect crops from the elements. But a poorly... Read more.
Syngenta again sponsors potato late blight alerts
05/07/2014 10:46:25 AMSyngenta Crop Protection, Greensboro, N.C., will once again this year sponsor the potato late blight... Read more.
Organics board: antibiotic treatment to end for apples and pears
05/05/2014 8:46:53 AMDealing a blow to organic tree fruit growers, the National Organic Standards Board voted May 2 against... Read more.
- Potato industry prepares for GMO offering
- Monsanto introduces tomato hybrid for the Southeast
- Scientists study habits of a disease-carrying beetle of walnuts
- Environmentally friendly biofumigants fight soil pests but pose rotation challenges
- U.S. Potato Board focuses on growth
- Pomegranates appear to be easy-to-grow citrus alternative