Blankets help keep strawberry plants warm during cold winters
05/08/2014 10:22:48 AMBlankets don't just keep people warm during cold winter nights—they also keep strawberry plants warm. Those... Read more.
Watch for pollution-induced plant damage in heated greenhouses
05/07/2014 4:26:50 PMHeated greenhouses and high tunnels are designed to protect crops from the elements. But a poorly... Read more.
Smartphone app helps diagnose pests remotely
05/06/2014 11:12:44 AMA smartphone application developed by Purdue University could help growers nationwide to submit pest samples... Read more.
Organics board: antibiotic treatment to end for apples and pears
05/05/2014 8:46:53 AMDealing a blow to organic tree fruit growers, the National Organic Standards Board voted May 2 against... Read more.
Dissection helps researchers learn how psyllids spread zebra chip
05/01/2014 11:25:16 AMA U.S. Department of Agriculture entomologist is using itsy-bitsy forceps to dissect the potato psyllid... Read more.
Got stink bugs? Answer a survey to receive a free stink bug guide
04/28/2014 3:06:13 PMGot stink bugs? That's the question a group from Cornell University is posing to growers to gauge... Watch Video.
- UPDATED: Wawona stone fruit recall spurred by Australian tests
- Fungicide-resistant late blight found in Wisconsin spud field
- Food bloggers tour California strawberries
- Empire State revitalizing Pride of New York program
- Vidalia onion growers say new disease hasn’t hurt crop
- New spud variety suited to Florida, fries up less oily
- Study suggests organic foods nutritionally superior
- Washington's 23 commissions promote apples to turf grass seed
- Texas A&M publishes strawberry production guide
- End nears for potato man Chris Voigt's all-spud diet
- Math anxiety may be linked to lower understanding of GMOs
- Washington potato director denies wrongdoing in political race