Riveridge pursues vacuum harvest technology
08/22/2014 4:34:54 PMRiveridge Produce Marketing Inc., Sparta, Mich., plans to expand use of a vacuum harvest aid on apples... Watch Video.
Packer Apple Man of the Year known for optimism
08/22/2014 10:41:50 AMCHICAGO — Although he’s known for growing apples and peaches, it could be said that Henry... Watch Video.
Pictorial test helps gauge children's responses to produce items
08/21/2014 10:49:35 AMEven if a produce item is nutritious, it does no good if preschoolers turn up their noses at it. To... Read more.
Sun rises on new Web domain as organic sector grows
08/21/2014 9:16:22 AMResearch released this summer by Consumer Reports shows 45% of U.S. residents buy organic foods at... Watch Video.
EPA restricts use of methomyl insecticide
08/11/2014 2:18:55 PMRegistrants of the insecticide methomyl and the Environmental Protection Agency have agreed to mitigation measures... Read more.
Michigan State receives $6.9 million to continue native bee work
08/06/2014 1:16:26 PMThe U.S. Department of Agriculture has awarded $6.9 million to Michigan State University to develop... Watch Video.
- Consumer acceptance of biotech produce growing
- CORRECTED: Potato industry prepares for GMO offering
- UC study pegs California ag drought costs at $2.2 billion
- University of Arkansas releases thornless primocane blackberry
- Vine-ripe Tasti-Lee tomato creates a buzz among consumers
- Most California produce in 2013 had little, no pesticide residue