Food safety evolving for eastern cantaloupe growers
03/04/2014 1:30:27 PMATLANTA — Entering its second year, the Eastern Cantaloupe Growers Association plans to help retailers... Watch Video.
Report looks at fire blight control in organic apples, pears
03/03/2014 6:45:46 PMAt the end of the 2014 season, organic pome fruit growers will have to begin phasing out use of antibiotics... Read more.
EPA registers biological insecticide from Marrone Bio
03/03/2014 2:43:54 PMThe Environmental Protection Agency has registered Venerate, a biological insecticide from Davis, Calif.-based Marrone Bio... Read more.
UPDATED: USDA shuts door to potatoes in WIC
02/28/2014 3:50:59 PM(UPDATED COVERAGE, 4:50 p.m.) The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s final say on changes to Women,... Read more.
Stink bug saliva sheds light on how it damages plants
02/27/2014 3:19:01 PMSpit happens. But until recently researchers didn't know much about the saliva from brown marmorated... Read more.
Northeast's 'polar vortex' may not reduce stink bug numbers
02/27/2014 9:57:13 AMIf there was one thing good to come out of the nonstop bitter cold storms that hit the Northeast this... Read more.
- Potato industry prepares for GMO offering
- Monsanto introduces tomato hybrid for the Southeast
- Scientists study habits of a disease-carrying beetle of walnuts
- Environmentally friendly biofumigants fight soil pests but pose rotation challenges
- U.S. Potato Board focuses on growth
- Pomegranates appear to be easy-to-grow citrus alternative