Agreement keeps use of new seed varieties unrestricted
04/17/2014 10:51:56 AMMuch like open-source software, which is free to whoever wants to use it, a new open-source seed initiative... Read more.
Two products control fire blight in organic pear, apple orchards
04/17/2014 6:20:00 AMAs the ban of two antibiotics used to treat fire blight in organic pear and apple orchards looms,... Watch Video.
Nominate a young leader for Vance's 40 Under 40 award
04/16/2014 12:00:28 PMOnce again, Vance Publishing Corporation, parent of Citrus + Vegetable Magazine and the TheGrower.com, wants... Read more.
Bayer opens new North Carolina bee care center
04/16/2014 11:30:21 AMWith a snip of a giant pair of scissors recently, James Blome, president and chief executive officer... Watch Video.
Snowy, cold winter hurts Michigan fruit
04/10/2014 3:14:25 PMApples likely made it through a cold, snowy Michigan winter in good shape, but other fruits may not... Read more.
Nunhems vegetable seeds changes name to reflect parentage
04/04/2014 2:26:29 PMNunhems vegetable seeds, which for years has been owned by Monhiem, Germany-based Bayer CropScience, will... Read more.
- Potato industry prepares for GMO offering
- U.S. Potato Board focuses on growth
- Pomegranates appear to be easy-to-grow citrus alternative
- Scientists study habits of a disease-carrying beetle of walnuts
- Monsanto introduces tomato hybrid for the Southeast
- Study: West will likely face 'megadrought' within next century