Rainier Fruit, Naturipe mark sustainability gains
04/22/2014 1:08:46 PMImprovements in social and environmental responsibility at Rainier Fruit Co. and Naturipe Farms — partners... Watch Video.
USDA releases potato stock report
04/21/2014 11:04:36 AMAbout 112 million cwt. of potatoes had yet to ship from the top 13 U.S. spud-producing states as of... Read more.
Sakata Seed, Alf Christianson Seed merge
04/17/2014 12:27:59 PMThe Alf Christianson Seed Co. and Sakata Seed America Inc. will merge, effective immediately, and... Read more.
Agreement keeps use of new seed varieties unrestricted
04/17/2014 10:51:56 AMMuch like open-source software, which is free to whoever wants to use it, a new open-source seed initiative... Read more.
Two products control fire blight in organic pear, apple orchards
04/17/2014 6:20:00 AMAs the ban of two antibiotics used to treat fire blight in organic pear and apple orchards looms,... Watch Video.
Nominate a young leader for Vance's 40 Under 40 award
04/16/2014 12:00:28 PMOnce again, Vance Publishing Corporation, parent of Citrus + Vegetable Magazine and the TheGrower.com, wants... Read more.
- UPDATED: California governor signs groundwater management bills
- Florida citrus growers get USDA assistance
- Pesky bagrada bugs expand northward in California
- Vance Agribusiness names 40 Under 40 honorees
- Join the 'Great Stink Bug Count'
- Environmentally friendly biofumigants fight soil pests but pose rotation challenges
- Consumer acceptance of biotech produce growing
- CORRECTED: Potato industry prepares for GMO offering
- UC study pegs California ag drought costs at $2.2 billion
- University of Arkansas releases thornless primocane blackberry
- Vine-ripe Tasti-Lee tomato creates a buzz among consumers
- Most California produce in 2013 had little, no pesticide residue