Bayer entering fruits and vegetables arena
11/07/2013 5:19:05 AMBayer CropScience is expanding into produce. The Research Triangle, N.C.-based company has created a business unit... Read more.
Apple and pear producers face problems with no antibiotics
11/06/2013 3:24:18 PMOrganic apple and pear growers remain concerned about progress that’s being made on treatments to... Read more.
Amish-fueled auctions play big role in Ohio produce
10/30/2013 4:36:53 PMOhio has the largest Amish population in the country, with a population of nearly 65,500, according... Read more.
NPC releases potato-specific food safety guide
10/30/2013 10:06:47 AMThe National Potato Council has released commodity-specific food safety guidelines for the potato industry. The... Read more.
Watermelon referendum planned for January
10/29/2013 4:39:29 PMWatermelon producers, handlers and importers will vote in January on proposed changes to the Watermelon... Read more.
EPA registers multi-product potato seed piece treatment
10/29/2013 1:04:22 PMThe Environmental Protection Agency has registered CruiserMaxx Potato Extreme, a potato seed piece treatment from... Read more.
PTI data can be used for much more than traceability
10/28/2013 12:31:02 PMNEW ORLEANS — The information collected as part of the Produce Traceability Initiative is much... Read more.
- Calvin Arnold named head of UF's Immokalee center
- Colorado State taps University of Florida's John Hayes
- Forty-plus states OK silicon soil amendment
- South Florida high school teacher nabs top ag teaching award
- California organic certifier visits highlights, challenges
- FDA seeks input on environmental impact of safety rule
- Monsanto's Seminis introduces three seedless watermelons
- Mississippi launches voluntary bee-protection program
- Avocado pest, disease continue to spread in Southern California
- Obama’s visit spotlights California’s drought
- Genetically modified orange trees set for Florida field trials
- Study finds common plant virus may infect honeybees