EPA extends comment period on changes to worker protection rule
05/14/2014 3:49:51 PMThe Environmental Protection Agency has extended the comment period to Aug. 18 on a proposal to strengthen... Read more.
EPA OKs miticide for tree crops, strawberries
05/14/2014 11:42:16 AMThe Environmental Protection Agency has registered Nealta miticide from BASF, Research Triangle Park, N.C., for... Read more.
UC program promotes Zumba fitness to farmworkers
05/12/2014 3:23:37 PMThe University of California, Davis, has begun a new worksite-based health program designed to lower... Watch Video.
Beneficial bacterium may curb Salmonella on tomatoes
05/09/2014 12:10:56 PMFood and Drug Administration scientists have found a benign bacterium that may block Salmonella from... Read more.
Survey: Farmers aren't sure about validity of climate change
05/09/2014 10:26:18 AMAsk a grower about climate change, and many aren't so sure a problem exists. A recent survey of growers... Read more.
Blankets help keep strawberry plants warm during cold winters
05/08/2014 10:22:49 AMBlankets don't just keep people warm during cold winter nights—they also keep strawberry plants warm. Those... Read more.
- Potato industry prepares for GMO offering
- U.S. Potato Board focuses on growth
- Scientists study habits of a disease-carrying beetle of walnuts
- Pomegranates appear to be easy-to-grow citrus alternative
- Monsanto introduces tomato hybrid for the Southeast
- Study: West will likely face 'megadrought' within next century