Beneficial bacterium may curb Salmonella on tomatoes
05/09/2014 12:10:56 PMFood and Drug Administration scientists have found a benign bacterium that may block Salmonella from... Read more.
Survey: Farmers aren't sure about validity of climate change
05/09/2014 10:26:18 AMAsk a grower about climate change, and many aren't so sure a problem exists. A recent survey of growers... Read more.
Blankets help keep strawberry plants warm during cold winters
05/08/2014 10:22:49 AMBlankets don't just keep people warm during cold winter nights—they also keep strawberry plants warm. Those... Read more.
Watch for pollution-induced plant damage in heated greenhouses
05/07/2014 4:26:50 PMHeated greenhouses and high tunnels are designed to protect crops from the elements. But a poorly... Read more.
Ohio fruit growers prepare for spotted wing fly pest
05/06/2014 3:06:20 PMOhio fruit growers are on the watch for an invasive fly pest that could potentially wipe out their... Read more.
- Study suggests organic foods nutritionally superior
- Washington's 23 commissions promote apples to turf grass seed
- Food bloggers tour California strawberries
- End nears for potato man Chris Voigt's all-spud diet
- UC study pegs California ag drought costs at $2.2 billion
- Washington potato director denies wrongdoing in political race