PTI data can be used for much more than traceability
10/28/2013 12:31:02 PMNEW ORLEANS — The information collected as part of the Produce Traceability Initiative is much... Read more.
Women add unique perspectives to firms, say panelists
10/25/2013 11:17:54 AMWomen account for only about one-third of commercially focused positions, such as procurement and risk... Watch Video.
Wood chips can help filter nutrient-laden runoff
10/25/2013 9:05:33 AMA trench filled with wood chips can provide a simple solution to the complex problem caused by agricultural... Read more.
Changing production practices can affect food safety risk
10/25/2013 8:50:51 AMA few small changes in produce production practices can either boost or reduce the risk of Salmonella... Read more.
Industry works to divert waste from landfills
10/18/2013 5:46:54 PMNEW ORLEANS – About 40% of all fruits and vegetables grown in the U.S. are thrown away, straining... Read more.
Agritourism operators should review their safety plans
10/16/2013 11:30:43 AMFall marks high consumer interest in agritourism from hayrides and corn mazes to pumpkin patches and... Read more.
- Del Monte testing genetically modified pineapple
- Vine-ripe Tasti-Lee tomato creates a buzz among consumers
- New strawberry varieties create a sensation
- Branded tomato variety earns a following
- Recording hours worked continues to trip up employers
- UPDATED: Jensens face federal criminal charges in cantaloupe case
- Genetically engineered tomato helps fight bad cholesterol
- Most California produce tested had no detectable pesticide
- Bayer tests new seed treatments to protect honeybees
- University of Georgia releases giant of a blueberry variety
- Florida battles Mexican strawberries
- Washington university remains neutral on GMO labeling measure