Wisconsin potato grower inducted into hall of fame
02/07/2014 3:19:21 PMThe Wisconsin Potato & Vegetable Growers Association has inducted potato grower Myron Soik into its... Read more.
Potatoes thrive under higher carbon dioxide levels
02/06/2014 10:10:06 AMAlthough some plants may suffer under global climate change and increased carbon dioxide levels, potatoes... Read more.
Study: CA-stored apple monitoring doesn't work for Anjou pears
01/30/2014 7:49:39 AMWhat works to maintain apple quality in controlled-atmosphere storage may not necessarily work for Anjou... Read more.
Study finds four common pesticides toxic to honeybee young
01/27/2014 1:19:59 PMFour common pesticides used on crops and livestock also kill honeybee larvae within the hive, according... Read more.
North Dakota potato grower honored for conservation efforts
01/27/2014 11:35:29 AMCarl Hoverson, a Larimore, N.D., potato grower and owner of Hoverson Farms, recently was recognizes... Read more.
Microgreens pack a big nutritional punch, say researchers
01/23/2014 10:16:07 AMMicrogreens—plants with only two true leaves—pack a nutritional punch, according to a recent U.S. Department... Read more.
To succeed, match farmers market offerings to the clientele
01/22/2014 12:00:25 PMTo succeed in the increasingly crowded farmers market scene, you need products that stand out and... Read more.
Technology helps cull spotted wing drosophila fruit damage
01/22/2014 9:22:56 AMBBC Technologies North America is helping a Michigan blueberry grower eliminate damage by spotted wing... Read more.
- Colorado State taps University of Florida's John Hayes
- California organic certifier visits highlights, challenges
- Driscoll’s CEO is hospital’s ‘Hero’
- FDA seeks input on environmental impact of safety rule
- South Florida high school teacher nabs top ag teaching award
- Hearing set in Vidalia onion start date debate
- Monsanto's Seminis introduces three seedless watermelons
- Mississippi launches voluntary bee-protection program
- Avocado pest, disease continue to spread in Southern California
- Obama’s visit spotlights California’s drought
- Genetically modified orange trees set for Florida field trials
- Study finds common plant virus may infect honeybees