Syngenta Crop Protection, Greensboro, N.C., has again partnered with Maitland-based Florida Fruit & Vegetable Association to provide an education scholarship. Applications are currently being accepted, and this year, the scholarship is also open to Florida high school seniors.
Students need to meet one of the following requirements to qualify for the $2,000 scholarship:
1. Any high school senior participating in Florida 4-H or FFA programs who will attend the University of Florida College of Agriculture or Florida A&M University Division of Agricultural Sciences in the fall;
2. Any student (graduate/undergraduate) enrolled in the College of Agriculture at the University of Florida; or
3. Any student (graduate/undergraduate) enrolled in the Division of Agricultural Sciences at Florida A&M University.
Applications must include:
3. Phone number,
5. School/college attending in the fall,
6. Major/intended major, and
7. A description of scholastic accomplishments, experience, career goals, extracurricular activities and financial need. The description should not exceed 250 words.
Applications must be submitted to FFVA by Aug. 22, and can be sent to:
Florida Fruit & Vegetable Association
P. O. Box 948153
Maitland, FL 32794-8153
Phone: (321) 214-5200
Fax: (321) 214-0210
The scholarship will be presented during FFVA’s 65th Annual Convention at the Ritz-Carlton in Naples, on Sept. 23. The winner will be informed via mail and will be invited to attend the luncheon at which the scholarship will be presented.