Cold weather spares Florida, Texas crops
01/09/2014 5:49:24 PMProduce industry officials reported little or no crop damage from the polar vortex in early January... Read more.
Industry leader cautions against over-planting potatoes
01/08/2014 7:50:29 PMSAN ANTONIO — After a disastrous 2012-13 marketing year, fresh-market potato supply and demand appear... Read more.
Growers work to better compete against rising competitor
01/08/2014 7:49:43 PMDOVER, Fla. — The Sunshine State’s strawberry industry is gearing up to battle an emerging... Read more.
Florida researcher receives funds for citrus greening
01/08/2014 11:24:02 AMA University of Florida researcher who helped develop a mathematical model to show how citrus greening... Read more.
UPDATED: Court says USDA is sole enforcer for organics
01/07/2014 5:55:39 PM(UPDATED COVERAGE, Jan. 9) The California Court of Appeals ruled consumers do not have the right to... Read more.
Georgia pecan breeder works on scab-resistant cultivar
01/06/2014 8:23:41 AMUniversity of Georgia breeders are trying to develop a pecan variety resistant to the fungal disease,... Read more.
- Colorado State taps University of Florida's John Hayes
- Calvin Arnold named head of UF's Immokalee center
- Forty-plus states OK silicon soil amendment
- South Florida high school teacher nabs top ag teaching award
- California organic certifier visits highlights, challenges
- FDA seeks input on environmental impact of safety rule
- Monsanto's Seminis introduces three seedless watermelons
- Mississippi launches voluntary bee-protection program
- Avocado pest, disease continue to spread in Southern California
- Obama’s visit spotlights California’s drought
- Genetically modified orange trees set for Florida field trials
- Study finds common plant virus may infect honeybees