UC program promotes Zumba fitness to farmworkers
05/12/2014 3:23:37 PMThe University of California, Davis, has begun a new worksite-based health program designed to lower... Watch Video.
Florida’s orange crop estimate inches up
05/09/2014 4:19:47 PMIn a reversal of months-long crop reductions due to fruit drop, Florida’s orange crop estimate... Read more.
Beneficial bacterium may curb Salmonella on tomatoes
05/09/2014 12:10:55 PMFood and Drug Administration scientists have found a benign bacterium that may block Salmonella from... Read more.
HLB multi-agency group puts $1.5 million toward biocontrol
05/08/2014 5:05:36 PMThe U.S. Department of Agriculture's Huanglongbing Multi-Agency Coordination Group has allocated more than $1.5 million... Watch Video.
UPDATED: Florida Classic Growers head retires, successor named
05/06/2014 1:05:26 PM(UPDATED COVERAGE May 7) Bobby Bawcum, president of the Dundee, Fla.-based Florida Classic Growers,... Read more.
Smartphone app helps diagnose pests remotely
05/06/2014 11:12:44 AMA smartphone application developed by Purdue University could help growers nationwide to submit pest samples... Read more.
Peace River Valley Citrus names new executive director
05/06/2014 10:37:41 AMArcadia, Fla.-based Peace River Valley Citrus Growers Association has hired LeAnna Himrod as its new... Read more.
- UPDATED: Wawona stone fruit recall spurred by Australian tests
- Fungicide-resistant late blight found in Wisconsin spud field
- Food bloggers tour California strawberries
- Empire State revitalizing Pride of New York program
- Vidalia onion growers say new disease hasn’t hurt crop
- New spud variety suited to Florida, fries up less oily
- Study suggests organic foods nutritionally superior
- Washington's 23 commissions promote apples to turf grass seed
- Texas A&M publishes strawberry production guide
- End nears for potato man Chris Voigt's all-spud diet
- Math anxiety may be linked to lower understanding of GMOs
- Washington potato director denies wrongdoing in political race