Updated tomato pest handbook includes new diseases
10/14/2013 12:43:59 PMThe American Phytopathological Society has just updated its wide-ranging tomato pest handbook, adding nearly 20... Read more.
Monsanto pledges $4 million toward honeybee health efforts
10/11/2013 11:41:03 AMSt. Louis-based Monsanto plans to commit $4 million during the next three years to help address the... Read more.
HLB, psyllid risk-based survey tool topic of Web seminar
10/10/2013 2:00:57 PMA group of researchers has developed a survey that can help predict where citrus greening and its... Read more.
Produce GAPs harmonization workshop announced
10/10/2013 2:05:06 PMA “train the trainer” workshop geared toward post-harvest operations harmonized standards is set for the... Read more.
Phil Stansly named interim director at UF's Immokalee center
10/10/2013 10:16:29 AMPhil Stansly, a longtime entomology professor based at the Southwest Florida Research and Education Center... Read more.
Sweetbay sours, Winn-Dixie to take over
10/10/2013 10:17:01 AMThe Sweetbay experiment appears to be over. Just a few months after Bi-Lo Holdings LLC announced an... Read more.
Florida fall vegetables to start, fewer cucumbers expected
10/10/2013 2:08:48 PMIMMOKALEE, Fla. — Though heavy rains disrupted late summer plantings, growers don’t expect the disruptions... Watch Video.
Government shutdown crushes Florida citrus opening season report
10/08/2013 2:53:56 PMFlorida’s first official season citrus forecast is a casualty of the federal government shutdown. Through the... Read more.
- Citrus growers endure another cold night, prepare for more
- Avocado pest, disease continue to spread in Southern California
- Potato marketers promote nutrition
- California OKs herbicide for use on permanent crops
- Arizona project explores hydroponic strawberry production
- Survey finds food safety ranks as a top concern among Floridians
- Genetically engineered tomato helps fight bad cholesterol
- Most California produce tested had no detectable pesticide
- Bayer tests new seed treatments to protect honeybees
- Florida battles Mexican strawberries
- Del Monte testing genetically modified pineapple
- Glyphosate-resistant weeds also may be disease resistant