Majority holdings of citrus firm Alico sold
10/19/2013 6:05:51 AMMajority interest in Fort Myers, Fla.-based Alico Inc. has been sold to 734 Agriculture LLC, a private... Read more.
Industry works to divert waste from landfills
10/18/2013 5:46:52 PMNEW ORLEANS – About 40% of all fruits and vegetables grown in the U.S. are thrown away, straining... Read more.
Ohio State University scientists clone tomato fruit size gene
10/17/2013 7:58:25 PMOhio State University researchers have led an international team that identified and cloned a gene... Read more.
Agritourism operators should review their safety plans
10/16/2013 11:30:43 AMFall marks high consumer interest in agritourism from hayrides and corn mazes to pumpkin patches and... Read more.
H-2A delays endanger desert labor supplies
10/16/2013 11:31:31 AMThe federal government shutdown will contribute to November labor shortages in the vegetable fields of... Read more.
Southern Corporate Packers adds greenhouses, expands acreage
10/14/2013 7:52:56 PMIMMOKALEE, Fla. — Southern Corporate Packers Inc. is expanding its acreage and moving into greenhouse... Watch Video.
- Citrus growers endure another cold night, prepare for more
- Avocado pest, disease continue to spread in Southern California
- Potato marketers promote nutrition
- California OKs herbicide for use on permanent crops
- Arizona project explores hydroponic strawberry production
- Survey finds food safety ranks as a top concern among Floridians
- Genetically engineered tomato helps fight bad cholesterol
- Most California produce tested had no detectable pesticide
- Bayer tests new seed treatments to protect honeybees
- Florida battles Mexican strawberries
- Del Monte testing genetically modified pineapple
- Glyphosate-resistant weeds also may be disease resistant