Melon variety combines flavor with shelf life
06/05/2014 1:19:51 PMSOMERTON, Ariz. — Traditionally, melon breeders have focused on grower traits, such as yields and... Watch Video.
Grower works to breed a better organic sweet corn
06/05/2014 10:34:36 AMA southern Oregon organic sweet corn producer has received a grant to help with developing sweeter... Watch Video.
Researchers ID promising citrus greening treatments
06/05/2014 10:00:11 AMA University of Florida research group may have taken the first step to finding a treatment for citrus... Read more.
Study: no fertilizer effect on salmonella
06/05/2014 9:54:28 AMA study on the effects of nitrogen and potassium fertilizer on post-harvest salmonella levels in tomatoes... Read more.
Knowing late blight's origin could aid finding controls
06/03/2014 11:24:48 AMMexico is the origin of the late blight epidemic that caused the Irish Potato Famine in the 1840s,... Read more.
UF, K-State join on research to cut post-harvest produce losses
06/02/2014 4:41:52 PMResearchers in Kansas and Florida are working together to develop ways to improve the quality and... Read more.
- California lawmakers, ag push for water bond
- Florida Small Farms Conference honors three innovators
- 2014 Fresno Food Expo notes
- Washington's organic ag production continues to grow
- Vine-ripe Tasti-Lee tomato creates a buzz among consumers
- Texas A&M breeding program wants to make spuds more fashionable
- Study suggests organic foods nutritionally superior
- Food bloggers tour California strawberries
- Washington's 23 commissions promote apples to turf grass seed
- End nears for potato man Chris Voigt's all-spud diet
- UC study pegs California ag drought costs at $2.2 billion
- Washington potato director denies wrongdoing in political race